Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Pain is just fear leaving the body" ~Pheroshus's Training and Diet Log

P

pheroshus

Hi Ladies! I am new to EF and thought a log would be a great way to keep myself accountable and to keep my goals in focus. I am 22 years old (will be 23 next month) and I am a full time student. I began my journey back to health and wellness on October 15th and weighed in at 170 pounds (I am just over 5'6) Today I weighed in at 161.8 so I have made some great progress. The first week was just eating a bit better, not really dieting by any means. The second week I started some light workouts with moderate cardio and still pretty loose eating.

Saturday November 2nd I started actually dieting. My diet for the upcoming week (including Saturday and today) is as follows

Meal 1: 1 packet unsweetened instant oatmeal, 1 cup water, 1 scoop PVL Whey Gourmet Vanilla, 1 cup rasperries or mixed berries, all blended together, 2 CLA

Meal 2: Walnuts (how many ounces should I be having?) and an apple

Meal 3: 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese, 1 cup berries, 1 packet unsweetend instant oatmeal, 2 CLA

This is where I was planning to start my diet from, I'll revise it each week. Keeping in mind that I am not dieting for a competition I am simply trying to get back in shape. I am going to Cuba on December 30th and my goal is to be 135 lbs by take off. I have not measured my body fat simply because I am a student and can't afford to get it done, so that is not an option right now.

I know 26 lbs is a lot to loose in 8 weeks, but I am planning to do it healthfully and with no cheat days since it is such a short time frame.

Meal 4 (post workout) 1 scoop PVL Whey Gourmet, 1 teaspoon Glutamine, 2 caramel flavoured rice cakes

Meal 5: 1 serving salmon, 2 cups green beans with becel butter spray, 2 CLA

Meal 6: (Only if I feel like I need it) 1/2 cup 100% bran cereal (no sugar in it pure fiber, over 10 grams /serving), 3/4 cup skim milk

Bedtime: 1 teaspoon glutamine

My goal is to be 135 lbs by the end of the year, achieve my goal before the new year and then have my resolution to be to maintain it! I am also going to Cuba on december 30th so I want to feel confident on the beach. Any comments on this diet as a starting point?

My training is a 6 day split, for this week it is:

1-Chest, cardio (30 mins)
2-Back, cardio
3-cardio, abs
4-Biceps, Triceps, Cardio
5-Shoulders, Legs, Cardio
6-Cardio, Abs

I am not going to plan rest days, I will just take them when I need them!
Also I have not and do not plan to test my bodyfat, I can't afford to get it done, so I'm going by the scale.

Any input and support would be much appreciated ladies:)

So last night was the first night that I ate the bran cereal after Meal 5, I was feeling very hungry yesterday. However this morning I weighed in at 161.8 the same as I weighed in yesterday morning, and the first day that I haven't lost between 1/3 and 1/2 a pound. From reading some of the other posts on here I have come to the conlusion that what I had planned to eat for meal 6 is not a good meal, since it is carbs and since the milk has a lot of sugar in it. Does anyone else have any ideas for what I could eat for meal 6? I am trying to keep my fiber as high as possible as my body tends not to function so well when my fiber goes down. Maybe that last meal should be just a protein shake? However I'd love to add some fiber to that last meal or sneak some more in somewhere else during the day!

First off - WELCOME!!! :)

Here is a post that will offer you some guidance with your meal plan:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...g/simple-guide-devising-meal-plan-569406.html

You do not need to have your bf tested. But we would genuinely appreciate if you could post up pictures so the board can get a better idea of your body and help better guide you to reach your goals.

As for rest days. The workout regimine you posted has too much cardio and not enough rest. YOU NEED REST so that you don't overtrain, thus hindering progress and actually adding to you having HIGHER bodyfat, less lean mass.

I would recommend training one day on, one day off, or two days on, one day off, or the like. More is NOT BETTER and will not get you there sooner.

And why is it that you are neglecting working your legs when they are the body's largest muscle group?

Remember - more lean mass (ie muscle) the higher your metabolic rate will be ALWAYS - especially during rest. Did you know that you burn the highest percentage of calories from fat when you are asleep?

pheroshus said:
So last night was the first night that I ate the bran cereal after Meal 5, I was feeling very hungry yesterday. However this morning I weighed in at 161.8 the same as I weighed in yesterday morning, and the first day that I haven't lost between 1/3 and 1/2 a pound. From reading some of the other posts on here I have come to the conlusion that what I had planned to eat for meal 6 is not a good meal, since it is carbs and since the milk has a lot of sugar in it. Does anyone else have any ideas for what I could eat for meal 6? I am trying to keep my fiber as high as possible as my body tends not to function so well when my fiber goes down. Maybe that last meal should be just a protein shake? However I'd love to add some fiber to that last meal or sneak some more in somewhere else during the day!

Do you know what your total caloric intake for the day is?

Go here: www.fitday.com it is a VERY simple and free site to use. Plug in your foods and it will instantly tell you the total caloric breakdown and macro nutrient breakdown as well.

Let us know what you come up with. :)

Thanks for the input bikini mom! I was thinking the training might be a bit too intense as well, I like your idea of 2 days on and 1 day off. So what about a 6 day split as follows:

1- chest, cardio (All sessions will be 30 min, I figured I'd start there and increase by 5 mins per week)
2- back, cardio
3- OFF
4- biceps, triceps, cardio
5- shoulders, legs, cardio
6- OFF

I can calculate my macronutrient and calorie intake later today. As for the pictures, they make me sick I have let myself go so much. Rest assured that I have taken pictures and I look at them every day to remind myself of where I never want to be again. However I can't post them, it is just too emberassing. There is nothing to see right now anyway, I'm just fat. As for the cheat days, I think I've decided on one cheat meal on the weekend, but by meal I mean something "healthy" no sweets, those are the death of me, if I have one spoonful of ice cream I will eat the whole container. So I was thinking a cheat of maybe some steak or German Meatballs (extra lean gorund beef) potatoes and then lots of green beans.

Bikini mom, how does my diet look as a starting point? Keeping in mind that for the past year I have had no structured eating plan whatsoever and have eaten a lot of subway type things. I was thinking of starting there and adjusting every week. I'd love an idea of what to do for the last meal though to cut out the bran and milk!

pheroshus said:
Meal 1: 1 packet unsweetened instant oatmeal, 1 cup water, 1 scoop PVL Whey Gourmet Vanilla, 1 cup rasperries or mixed berries, all blended together, 2 CLA

Meal 2: Walnuts (how many ounces should I be having?) and an apple

Meal 3: 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese, 1 cup berries, 1 packet unsweetend instant oatmeal, 2 CLA

This is where I was planning to start my diet from, I'll revise it each week. Keeping in mind that I am not dieting for a competition I am simply trying to get back in shape. I am going to Cuba on December 30th and my goal is to be 135 lbs by take off. I have not measured my body fat simply because I am a student and can't afford to get it done, so that is not an option right now.

I know 26 lbs is a lot to loose in 8 weeks, but I am planning to do it healthfully and with no cheat days since it is such a short time frame.

Meal 4 (post workout) 1 scoop PVL Whey Gourmet, 1 teaspoon Glutamine, 2 caramel flavoured rice cakes

Meal 5: 1 serving salmon, 2 cups green beans with becel butter spray, 2 CLA

Meal 6: (Only if I feel like I need it) 1/2 cup 100% bran cereal (no sugar in it pure fiber, over 10 grams /serving), 3/4 cup skim milk

Bedtime: 1 teaspoon glutamine

My goal is to be 135 lbs by the end of the year, achieve my goal before the new year and then have my resolution to be to maintain it! I am also going to Cuba on december 30th so I want to feel confident on the beach. Any comments on this diet as a starting point?

I would switch from instant oatmeal to the slow cooked oatmeal. You can still cook it in the microwave or put it in your drink. I eat 1/2 cup uncooked and zap it for 2 minutes.

If meal 6 is close to bedtime I would eat a protein + fat meal. Maybe move the walnuts to this time. Keep the carbs around your workouts.

Do you know how many calories and what the macros are?

Last meal could be handfull of peanuts, turkey/chicken with carrots, eggs w/tomatoes... any source of protein and some fibrous veggies.

Simple shmimple You decide what you like and you eat that! :)

Top Bottom