Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Must do high reps for Bodybuilding"

Gladiola

"Must do high reps for Bodybuilding"

This according to the trainer at Gold's who "wants to put me on stage" & thinks I'd "make a great project" he's done comps himself.

He's advocating sets of 15+ reps & way more sets than I currently do - like 20 sets for chest, for example (I do 12: 3 exercises, 4 sets each).

According to the post by Realgains, he's an idiot. He has a great physique & *claims* to be natural.

I still thought anywhere from 8-12, maybe up to 15 for lower body was ideal, not more than 15. Am I off????

I was a project once. Still healing from it.

I'm sure you already know my opinion on the rep issue. Variety is the spice...

:)

OK just my .02, I would say you know your body, Don't let anyone tell you other wise. Do what works for you. I can't imagine doing more that 15 reps. I at present do drop set starting with 10reps --- down to 6. 20 sets for chest OMG that is alot of sets.

do what works for you, ;) And when you do get on stage, keep us updated on the outcome, I am sure he is right about that, You would do great. Good Luck

lovemymuscle

spatts said:

LOL, maybe my comment was uncalled for, but i honestly can't see how the average individual can grow on a 15+ rep scheme.

Is it possible to overload the muscle with 15+ reps?

vinylgroover said:
Anyone that can grow off 15 reps is on steroids. FACT
That's what I thought!!! When chatting with this dude, he mentioned some of the big guys (Tom Platz, maybe?) & talked about them doing 50+ & having huge legs.

Of course I replied, "there's no point in even examining their training routine - what makes them grow would prevent others from growing!!!"

I can see 15+ *sometimes*, but shit, basic PHYSIOLOGY is that when you get to 15+ you're doing muscular endurance training & hitting the slow twitch muscle fibers, which are smaller in size than the fast twitch in any case- so you can't gain size on high reps!!!

Yeah, I wouldn't be a "Project" - I'd just take some of his advice, like posing, & a few cool new moves, & utilize my own knowledge the rest of the way.

I think he got his info from studying the old bodybuilding methods. Corey Everson used to do 20-30 sets per bodypart; but she wasn't exactly natural, was she? If you factor in cortisol production alone, that's reason to NOT do the 20-30 set approach. If your body starts producing cortisol after 40 minutes or so of intense training, why keep training past that window?

Top Bottom