Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Must do high reps for Bodybuilding"

Typically I do a POF routine....4 sets on midrange, 3 each on contracted and stretch positions

Nonerz said:

could you do the same thing with heavier weight & fewer reps or do a circuit to increase/maintain a higher heart rate?

I like circuits a LOT for a cutting phase....but let's face it - that is bascially a high reps giant set.....

JJFigure said:
I think he got his info from studying the old bodybuilding methods. Corey Everson used to do 20-30 sets per bodypart; but she wasn't exactly natural, was she? If you factor in cortisol production alone, that's reason to NOT do the 20-30 set approach. If your body starts producing cortisol after 40 minutes or so of intense training, why keep training past that window?

If you're doing 20 sets of 15 rep sets it may be high volume, but in terms of intensity of effort, it's probably less taxing than say 10 sets of 8 rep sets using maximum weight.

That is the point. Volume in itself doesnt really tell you much. The key is intensity.

Can you be intense when doing 15+ reps even if you're doing 20 sets. Maybe you can, but the tiredness/fatigue you will feel will be cardiovascular rather than muscular.

VG, I have reviewed your posts, and am still unclear onyour stance.

You said: Anyone that can grow off 15 reps is on steroids. FACT

Are you saying that a natty needs more than 15 or less than 15?

You said: i honestly can't see how the average individual can grow on a 15+ rep scheme.

Are you saying that individual needs alot more or alot less than 15?

spatts said:
You said: i honestly can't see how the average individual can grow on a 15+ rep scheme.

...she is saying that she disagrees with her trainer who thinks that more than 15 reps per set is necessary to grow.

vinylgroover said:
Anyone that can grow off 15 reps is on steroids. FACT

....VERY untrue statement...whil emost grow better with a lower rep scheme.....with a total reps TUT of 3 seconds and going to failure - growth is very possible.

spatts said:

You said: Anyone that can grow off 15 reps is on steroids. FACT

Are you saying that a natty needs more than 15 or less than 15?

Sorry....i thought i was clear. I'm saying that the average natural lifter needs less than 15....much less in order to stimulate growth.

Someone on steroids is obviously more inclined to be able to do that. Sure there may be the odd genetic freak around who can, but for most, unless you are overloading the muscle ie 5-10 reps (or less), how can you stimulate growth.

Top Bottom