Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Muscle": an etymology

B

buksoon

Okay, I haven't actually taught a high school English class in a couple years, but old habits die hard. Or something.

Anyway, the word muscle comes from the Latin word for mouse. Because they thought that that's what muscles looked like: mice curled up under our skin.

How much am I the kid from Jerry Mcguire now??

Ah well, I think it's kinda neat trivia. As we all work toward having WARTHOGS, not tiny little mice, under our skin!

etymology--boy -- a word from the past !!

I use to love english class--- only class that held my attention. After having so many kids, I seem to have developed A.D.D. :)

Great lesson for today Buksoon--- will have to pass that one along :)

I knew it was ...... thought maybe your spell chk was messed up like mine :) Truly, sounds like something my husband would call it---- referring to it as some new lubrication :) I will pass that one on to him......he and I are pretty odd :)

Sassy69 said:
So what's the etymology for clambutteroil?

Clambutteroil comes from the Latin phrase...Dorkus Malorkus...or in laymens terms it means..."I have not researched the things that I want to ingest into my body...I just heard about it from a guy in the gym.";)

Top Bottom