Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"In Between" Diet

strawberry2

I am in an "in between" stage in my diet. I am not "cutting" or dieting...and I don't feel comfortable quite yet to jump right into a bulking diet either. I am trying to gain SERIOUS muscle (I workout with a trainer, and I workout about 5 days per week -- I haven't been doing as much cardio as I should be doing, mainly weight lifting). I am still just a month into serious working out, so I don't want to start a full-blown bulking diet and then start getting fat. What do you guys think? What have you done during this stage of easing into a bulking diet (or is there even such a thing)? An example diet of something you've had success with would be helpful too! Thanks! ;)

im doing an off season diet now. it pretty much mimics my pre-contest diet except my carbs are higher. i now have carbs, (brown rice, whole wheat bread and oatmeal) with three of my meals. my protein intake went up slightly as well.
here is sample of what i eat pretty much every day as i am also trying to add mass:
#1 - 1 cup eggwhites, 1/2 cup oatmeal, three strawberries, 1 scoop protein powder in my eggwhites
#2 - 6 oz turkey, 1 cup brown rice (pwo meal)
#3 - 6 oz turkey, 1.5 cup broccoli
#4 - protein shake or 1.5 cup cottage cheese
#5 - 6 oz turkey, 1.5 cup broccoli and 1 cup brown rice
#6 - protein shake or 6 oz turkey or tuna

Even though I'm trying to add mass, I still do cardio about 5 days a week, mostly because I just like it, but also because I want to keep my body weight in check.

i hope this helps.

Good luck at putting on some serious muscle without eating to support that.

If you want muscle then you got to eat for it, and not worry about some of the fat you're going to gain from this.

Your body also needs alot of rest when you are trying to grow, at rest is when your muscle is growing, so I wouldn't go too crazy with the cardio.

Thanks for your replies! That is what I needed to know.

So basically if I keep lifting 5-6 days per week, little cardio (short bursts of HIIT, maybe)...then I will get more visible muscle...? I guess its a little scary starting to eat a LOT and making sure I'm working out enough to not get pudgy. :lmao: I'm fine with a little "layer" for now (which I already have)...I just don't want to develop MORE fat. I'm doing good with 6 meals per day, etc etc...I guess I just need to add MORE amounts to each meal. I assume generally more meat and egg whites...? Please let me know. I know a lot of you have transformed into some great looking musclar bodies! I need to learn.... ;)

Thanks! *hugs*

Miss24k said:
Good luck at putting on some serious muscle without eating to support that.

If you want muscle then you got to eat for it, and not worry about some of the fat you're going to gain from this.

Your body also needs alot of rest when you are trying to grow, at rest is when your muscle is growing, so I wouldn't go too crazy with the cardio.

strawberry2 said:
Thanks for your replies! That is what I needed to know.

So basically if I keep lifting 5-6 days per week, little cardio (short bursts of HIIT, maybe)...then I will get more visible muscle...? I guess its a little scary starting to eat a LOT and making sure I'm working out enough to not get pudgy. :lmao: I'm fine with a little "layer" for now (which I already have)...I just don't want to develop MORE fat. I'm doing good with 6 meals per day, etc etc...I guess I just need to add MORE amounts to each meal. I assume generally more meat and egg whites...? Please let me know. I know a lot of you have transformed into some great looking musclar bodies! I need to learn.... ;)

Thanks! *hugs*
Well all things are individual and as 24K said if you want to put on muscle your going to put on fat to just a fact of life. You can lose the fat so don't stress to much about it. When putting on muscle I tend not to do any cardio at all and only lift 4 times a week or like every other day. Your body needs the rest. You lifting workouts should be very intense lifting as heavy as you can and IMO going to failure or very close to it on every set.

This may be a "dumb" question: but can muscle essentially take-over or replace the "fat" on your body? I'm not sure if my BF % is "ready" for a full fledge bulking diet. Or is it...? Can I go on a clean bulking diet...bust my hump in the gym lifting (with maybe 1-2x per week HIIT), and see the BF % disappear and muscle being more visible (with no need to start off with a cutting diet, then move to the bulking)?

The reason I ask, is because I am about 20-22 % BF currently (yikes!) @ 5'1" (but when you see me, I am petite - size 2-4)...I think most of my "fat" is in my butt and lower stomach area -- but no one notices but me.

I need to post pics, hopefully I can get around to that ASAP.

What is the norm for a gal like me? ;)

when u say u want to put on some serious muscle - are you really saying you just want to look more lean? You can accomplish that by continuing to lift heavy but also eating clean to cut some of your bodyfat. That by itself will show more muscle.

Thanks for your replies!
I want to look like you, Sassy. ;) I want to see lots of defined muscle! So, if I eat clean, eat lots of protein (or a bulk diet), and lift heavy...that will accomplish what I'm looking for (cut down a bit of the fat, and gain muscle mass)?

By the way, I am about 115 pounds. I took digital pics of me this morning, and I will try to post those this evening (if I can figure out how to do that on here). :Perk:

Sassy69 said:
when u say u want to put on some serious muscle - are you really saying you just want to look more lean? You can accomplish that by continuing to lift heavy but also eating clean to cut some of your bodyfat. That by itself will show more muscle.

For defined muscle you need to be lean, and cut down your bodyfat, and then your muscle will show.

It will be hard to gain muscle and reduce bodyfat at the same time. But at 115lbs, 5'1 and 20% bf you probably have a decent amount of muscle.

Top Bottom