Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"The Answer"...what women want

kevin6

hi everyone,

i've heard a lot of discussions lately regarding 'what size', 'what shape', etc women want in a bodybuilding male and thought i should use some research, rather than anecdotes, to inform the discussions.

not to sound cocky, but i am going to "definitively" answer this question with science. in a very large study (described in detail below), women greatly preferred muscular men to less muscular men. more germane to this board is that they desired muscular men with waist-to-shoulder ratios of 0.6. this is the magic number you should attain if you're interested in women's opinions. this ratio has been replicated in further studies. obviously, some of you will chime in that some girls like big guys, some like smaller guys, etc., but if you want to play the odds, that ratio is critical.

so, my 34/56 dimension is reasonably close...but this was by accident. i've always enjoyed lifting and think i do only 10% of it b/c of women.

if you have any questions about interpersonal attraction, beauty, evolutionary psychology, etc., please feel free to ask away. i have a PhD in a field that embraces said topics and will give the (likely) best answer science can afford us.

best,

k

Five questionnaire studies asked women to rate the attractiveness of outline drawings of male figures
that varied in somatotype, body proportions, symmetry, and in distribution of trunk hair. In Study 1,
back-posed figures of mesomorphic (muscular) somatotypes were rated as most attractive, followed by
average, ectomorphic (slim), and endomorphic (heavily built) figures by both British and Sri Lankan
women. In Study 2, computer morphing of somatotypes to produce an intergraded series resulted
in a graded response in terms of perceived attractiveness which mirrored the findings of Study 1.
In Study 3, back-posed figures were manipulated in order to change waist-to-hip ratios (WHR) and
waist-to-shoulder ratios (WSR). A WHR of 0.8–0.9 and a WSR of 0.6 were rated as most attractive
and these effects were more pronounced when modeling mesomorphic figures. In Study 4, symmetric
figures of a mesomorphic somatotype were rated as less attractive than a normal (asymmetric) version
of the same man. Study 5 showed that presence of trunk hair had a marked, positive effect upon
women’s ratings of attractiveness for both mesomorphic and endomorphic male figures.Women also
judged figures with trunk hair as being older and they consistently rated endomorphic figures as being
older than mesomorphs. These results are consistent with effects of sexual selection upon visual
signals that advertise health, physical prowess, age, and underlying endocrine condition in the human
male.

Archives of Sexual Behavior, Vol. 32, No. 1, February 2003, pp. 29–39 ( C  2003)
Masculine Somatotype and Hirsuteness as Determinants
of Sexual Attractiveness to Women
Alan F. Dixson, D.Sc.,1,4 Gayle Halliwell,2 Rebecca East,2 Praveen Wignarajah,3
and Matthew J. Anderson, Ph.D.1

Nice info Kevin... Wanted to ask- what is the proper way to perform the hip/shoulder measurements described in the study? I'm curious, seems like it could be done a couple of different ways with various results...
Thanks!

kevin6 said:
... more germane to this board is that they desired muscular men with waist-to-shoulder ratios of 0.6. this is the magic number ...and Matthew J. Anderson, Ph.D.1

A good read to be sure. However, remember that this study was taken of British and Sri Lankan women, so I don't know if it helps us yanks much. Maybe this explains why these women were also attracted by the "presence of trunk hair", the major finding in study 5. In my experience, American women, especially the younger variety, find a hairy chest to be a turn-off. The only thing I know that has a 100% correlation with attractiveness for males in California is a thick wallet.

If you have nice abs, 16 inch arms girls think you are big. But this is not all women, i know women that won't even talk to you if you are under 200lbs and not single digit bf at that. so you can't stereotype women saying they all like this or that. many like skinny guys, many like jacked dudes, and some like fat bald guys. still if you have a really confident personality you are going to be fine no matter how you look. Ive just found that alot of these models i work with want a lean guy with some muscle but nothing freakish. However, these are skinny runway models and i'm sure if you were to talk with fitness models they would laugh at men my size. On a side note if you are able to make a girl cum 12 times in 20 minutes the chances are you own that pussy. So get your bedroom skills down as well. A good tip drill goes a long way. So send the flames my way for being skinny, it pays the bills and gets me off, i'm simply saying don't generalize what women want. just my 2 cents, the guy in my avi is only 174 at 5 11 so its not that small at 6% bf but still i am a skinny bitch at 6 3 175 and my girl is the highest paid runway model at the agency

Last edited:
good post, kevin6.

we have similar ed backrounds - dullboy would like to butt pointy heads with you one day.

apropos of this - dullboy has plenty of anectodal evidence that women prefer the "swimmer" look over all else (thin waist - broad shoulders and a sculpted back).

Top Bottom