x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

"The Answer"...what women want

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about "The Answer"...what women want within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: hi everyone, i've heard a lot of discussions lately regarding 'what size', 'what shape', etc women want in a bodybuilding male and thought i should use some research, rather than anecdotes, to inform the discussions. not to sound cocky, but i am going to "definitively" answer this question with science. in a very large study (described in detail below), women greatly preferred muscular men to less muscular men. more germane to this board is that they desired muscular men with

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: "The Answer"...what women want

Yessss!!!! I knew I wasnt busting my ass in the gym for nothing! Good thing I have personality & $$$"S to back it all up.
    A great body might help you get a number, but inteligence, sence of humor & a head of lettuce in your pocket will get you laid.

Muscle Pimp

hehe... i'm DAMN close to that ratio! Explains alot of things.

swimmer body huh. id say i fall into that category.

Good Broly

Thanks for posting this Kevin6. I believe there are similar studies showing that men have a preferred H/W ratio for women as well.
    I find this area fascinating and have been studying it on my own for a while. Feel free to post similar articles.

For those with an interest, here are some good, accessible books:
    "The Red Queen : Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature" by Matt Ridley (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...lance&n=283155)

"The Mating Mind : How Sexual Choice Shaped the Evolution of Human Nature" by Geoffrey Miller (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/038...lance&n=283155)

"The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists" by Neil Strauss (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...lance&n=283155) This is an entertaining non-fiction story in its own right, but it also shows how pickup artists utilize principles from socio-evolutionary theories to attract women.

Its my guess the 0.6 ratio refers to flat measures, i.e. if you measure a photo.

Not measuring around the waist and shoulders.

Muscle Pimp

Quote Quote posted by big_boy_1
    Its my guess the 0.6 ratio refers to flat measures, i.e. if you measure a photo. Not measuring around the waist and shoulders.
    ^^^ Interesting.

Kevin: What do you have to say about that?

I don't know if I buy this. If they are talking about measuring circumference that sounds like freakishly huge shoulders. However, I've never measured my shoulder span. My chest is 46" waist is 34". I'll try shoulders when I get home.

. Study 5 showed that presence of trunk hair had a marked, positive effect upon
    women’s ratings of attractiveness for both mesomorphic and endomorphic male figures
    chicks dig hairy man boobs. It's simple

Chicks want money - the good looking ones, at least

Elite Mentor

Quote Quote posted by plifter
    I don't know if I buy this. If they are talking about measuring circumference that sounds like freakishly huge shoulders. However, I've never measured my shoulder span. My chest is 46" waist is 34". I'll try shoulders when I get home.
    Not neccesarily, my father had a 52 in chest and a 32 in waist when he was in his prime.