Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Questions on weight machines

carolynsmith

[FONT=&quot]Question: when using weight machines, is it better to set the weights so it takes all you've got to get through your sets with safe form, or set them a bit lower so you can zip through pretty quickly with only a medium burn at the end?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Basic routine: circuit of machines at the Y, 3 sets, 10 reps/set[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Goals: weight loss, strength, tone, improved cycling[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cardio: stationary and road bike[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Note: at the heavier level, I experience muscle soreness and so only go every other day. At the lighter level, I can do it every day. I've not done it enough to tell a difference on meeting my goals, that's why I'm gathering opinions[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Question: when using weight machines, is it better to set the weights so it takes all you've got to get through your sets with safe form, or set them a bit lower so you can zip through pretty quickly with only a medium burn at the end?

Basic routine: circuit of machines at the Y, 3 sets, 10 reps/set
Goals: weight loss, strength, tone, improved cycling
Cardio: stationary and road bike

Note: at the heavier level, I experience muscle soreness and so only go every other day. At the lighter level, I can do it every day. I've not done it enough to tell a difference on meeting my goals, that's why I'm gathering opinions

Option 1

As everyone said, you need it to be difficult but still not sacrificing form. If you are just zipping through, it is likely not enough weight to be effective.

Top Bottom