Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question for the other women-Dealing with rude and nosey people at your gym

CatOwner1966

Ok, Here's the question...
Have any of you lost a significant amount of weight (20lbs or over) and have people(especially women) come up to you in the gym EVERY TIME you see them asking you how much weight you've lost? I'm only asking because I get a few of these women (It's never the men hmm..) and these particular women also talk behind my back. Since I don't do scales too often, I can say that yes, I have lost alot of weight and am petite again. Still have alot of toning up to do but hey! I have all the time in the world. Anyway, It really frustrates me because I know that these women just want a scale number that they can use along with what ever the hell they are telling the men in there and it's really none of thier damn business unless I want to make it thier business ya know? I'm about to tell the owner of the gym what's going on because I'm that angry and sick of these nosey busybodied wenches trying to pump me for information so they can have something to gossip about me behind my back about. Talk about needing a damn life! You know, I don't see them dropping any weight and what's funny is that they have the nerve to critisize me. Has anyone else here experianced this? Just wondering.

Well I belong to a woman's gym, and several women have questioned how much weight I lost (30+). However, my experience is unlike yours. They really seem interested on what I'm doing, and what I"m eating that I've had so much success and they haven't. I end up telling them, and they make noises like OMG, I can't eat like that. And, that's when I pretty much realize that as long as the word can't is in their vocabulary they probably will have mediocre success with weight loss.

Necia

necia said:
Well I belong to a woman's gym, and several women have questioned how much weight I lost (30+). However, my experience is unlike yours. They really seem interested on what I'm doing, and what I"m eating that I've had so much success and they haven't. I end up telling them, and they make noises like OMG, I can't eat like that. And, that's when I pretty much realize that as long as the word can't is in their vocabulary they probably will have mediocre success with weight loss.

Necia

I agree that using the word can't is just an excuse.

I get alot of questions from women but mainly asking me how I workout,how much weight I lift, how to do them properly and if I've lost any weight doing things (diet,lifting,cardio) the way that I do them. I answer the questions but when I say weight I say I don't really weigh myself often but I do know I have lost sizes. They really understand that language more so than the % of bf you have lost. That seems to satisfy them.

momsgettinfit said:
I get alot of questions from women but mainly asking me how I workout,how much weight I lift, how to do them properly and if I've lost any weight doing things (diet,lifting,cardio) the way that I do them. I answer the questions but when I say weight I say I don't really weigh myself often but I do know I have lost sizes. They really understand that language more so than the % of bf you have lost. That seems to satisfy them.

Oh, I've told them how many sizes I've lost several times and body fat etc. Not good enugh for them. They still want to know how much I've lost and not in a good way. I could understand it if they said, "Hey! Please help me cause you did so well" but it's more of a subject for them that can give them something to gossip about. I can't begin to tell you how much this ticks me off. Even my husband is ready to go in there and let them have it.

CatOwner1966 said:
Oh, I've told them how many sizes I've lost several times and body fat etc. Not good enugh for them. They still want to know how much I've lost and not in a good way. I could understand it if they said, "Hey! Please help me cause you did so well" but it's more of a subject for them that can give them something to gossip about. I can't begin to tell you how much this ticks me off. Even my husband is ready to go in there and let them have it.

Just remember water on a duck. Let their comments roll off you like water on a duck.

Just simply say "weight isn't an accurate measure of bodyfat loss so it isn't important to me." And then walk away.

Sassy69 said:
Just simply say "weight isn't an accurate measure of bodyfat loss so it isn't important to me." And then walk away.
You must spread some Karma around before giving it to Sassy69 again.

Yeah I do have to admit that it is annoying when girls (I go to my college gym) ask what I eat and what my diet is like and I tell them and they are like "ewww, eggs and tuna,etc. thats gross." Then they wonder why they don't lose thier pudge after an hour leisure cardio watching MTV.

Thats my rant! GRRRRR.

Little

I like what Sassy said!!

Or, "Are you writing a book?? Then leave that chapter out!"

Top Bottom