Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question for the other women-Dealing with rude and nosey people at your gym

Reading this makes me so glad I now have a home gym. I thought I'd miss the gym atmosphere (there was some nice eye candy at my old gym in college if you went at the right time), but not having to deal with stupid people is wonderful. Plus I can do cardio at 5am in boy short underwear and a bra and no one will bother me.

CatOwner1966 said:
Ok, Here's the question...
Have any of you lost a significant amount of weight (20lbs or over) and have people(especially women) come up to you in the gym EVERY TIME you see them asking you how much weight you've lost? I'm only asking because I get a few of these women (It's never the men hmm..) and these particular women also talk behind my back. Since I don't do scales too often, I can say that yes, I have lost alot of weight and am petite again. Still have alot of toning up to do but hey! I have all the time in the world. Anyway, It really frustrates me because I know that these women just want a scale number that they can use along with what ever the hell they are telling the men in there and it's really none of thier damn business unless I want to make it thier business ya know? I'm about to tell the owner of the gym what's going on because I'm that angry and sick of these nosey busybodied wenches trying to pump me for information so they can have something to gossip about me behind my back about. Talk about needing a damn life! You know, I don't see them dropping any weight and what's funny is that they have the nerve to critisize me. Has anyone else here experianced this? Just wondering.

I feel ya girlfriend but here is what I do. It may not work for you depending on what shift you work,kids,etc. but I wait till 11pm-1a.m. to go to my 24hr. gym. And the reason being: I dont like people looking at me and turning up their nose because I dont already have a perfect body or because my top and bottoms dont exactly match. Hey I'm there to exercise not to win a beauty pageant. Those people at your gym that are doing that obviously have nothing better to do than rain on someone else's parade. Next time one of them says that to you say"Why yes I have, thank you for noticing. Wow-looks like you've gained some weight though.Maybe you should pay attention to your own weight instead of mine,hmm?" And then proudly walk away with head held high.

btreflyzgirl said:
I feel ya girlfriend but here is what I do. It may not work for you depending on what shift you work,kids,etc. but I wait till 11pm-1a.m. to go to my 24hr. gym. And the reason being: I dont like people looking at me and turning up their nose because I dont already have a perfect body or because my top and bottoms dont exactly match. Hey I'm there to exercise not to win a beauty pageant. Those people at your gym that are doing that obviously have nothing better to do than rain on someone else's parade. Next time one of them says that to you say"Why yes I have, thank you for noticing. Wow-looks like you've gained some weight though.Maybe you should pay attention to your own weight instead of mine,hmm?" And then proudly walk away with head held high.

HAHAHA! That's a good comeback! YOu have brains as well as beauty!

I'm with you starlet. I prefer training at home....although sometimes I do miss the gym atmosphere....that's a BIG sometimes though.

Cat - I've found - also - that having a POSITIVE attitude will bring you positive things and vise versa. Ever heard "when it rains, it poors"? If you think on the negative side, you WILL bring negative to you.

Hey, this is usually my husbands profile. Trying to get my own. Love this place !! Anyway my point is that if I don't wear my headphones in the GYM, all the time, people will always interrupt my workout. You can still nod your head and say hi, but if you are serious about getting it done, appear focused and mean it.The gym is my only 100% me me me time. They will get the pic.

Good luck!! :magilicut

Hat down, iPod on, squat.

Actually at my gym I'm one of the biggest people there (and that ain't sayin' much) but I seem to intimidate people enough that they don't generally bother me. I started wearing Nike visors or hats and I have a small head so they always end up looking very 'military', which probably increases the intimidation factor. Its pretty funny actually, but generally I've just got the music going so loud that I probably wouldnt' notice if someone was talking to me anyway. I will say "hi" but unless I really need a spot or something I will smile, acknowledge people, but not really stop to chat or imply that I'm intending to stop. It kinda sux because the gym is also the extent of my social life right now, but I guess it lets me STFU & train...

i do enjoy doing exercise at the gym its make me not feel bored because i see a lots of sexy women there and i love the music makes me inspiring to do more exercise tho,can i say i love seeing sexy people :rainbow: !.i ignore and pretend that i dont know even a little english to people who is just interupting when you are doing exercise except those trainer who will be there for you to guide in the right way... :p

I feel your pain - LOL. When I first became educated about proper nutrition and my "eh" body went to "compeition ready physique" it was like I would be hit with an onslaught every time I turned around. At first it was somewhat flattering and I tried to help every single person by answering their questions in depth. Then I quickly realized that they weren't listening to a word past, "You have to work hard at it every minute of every day consistently for a very long time...."

I was a certified personal trainer and also posted up a lot back in the day on the women's forum and I just got burned out to be honest.

Now I just mind my own business. I actually began a thread on C&C about swimming and how it is knocking me on my ass and how sparing it is to joints, excellent resistance training and cardio, how you dont even have to know how to swim to take the aquarobics classes... MOST peeps here on elite were very receptive to my new-found enthusiasm. (I have been looking for avenues outside of typical bodybuilding since I gave up competition years ago to maintain my health and wellness.) Believe it or not - I actually got a, "Please shut the fuck up" post at the end of the thread....

Yes, I know from the mouth of a chatboard "e-tard" but still, it made me shake my head and think to myself, "OK... I will just keep this knowledge to myself then."

Let the negativity roll off of you. Plenty of sound advice in this thread already on how to deal with the morons at your gym. :)

Top Bottom