Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question to all who have gotten off the Pill

chabbah

What differences, if any, did you notice in your workout, bf, energy levels, appearance, etc. when you stopped taking the Pill?

I'm thinking I will stop at the end of this cycle...

I went off of pills almost three years ago. I would never go on it again. I saw a major difference in my energy level (it went up) and in the appearence of my thighs (no more orange's skin). No more water retention before my periods (I was taking 5-7 lbs of water during my periods!!) One negative point though, my periods are longer and my cramps are worst. I'm now using a I.U.D. Good decision for me!

Little Girl

------------------
I don't believe in luck... Only work can bring us to reach the top!!

I took the pill for two years. I gained about 15 pounds and couldn't get it off, even though I doubled my exercise and closely restricted my diet. (I can't imagine what would have happened if I'd not changed my diet or exercise!) Most of the weight gain was in my abs and butt where I'd never had a problem before. It made me very moody too. Worst of all was getting these fierce hunger pangs within half an hour of eating. Like Little Girl, my energy level was really low too, but that was probably because I was hardly eating.

When I got off the pill, the first 10 pounds came off quickly and easily. The last five were really stubborn. All the mood problems and hunger pangs magically went away. I was even taking one of those low dose pills (tried several varieties). I think I would have gained less weight eating 2 dozen donuts a day! I use an IUD now and am very pleased with it. With the IUD, the cramps and bleeding were pretty bad at first, but now not bad at all.

I am taking a low-dose form of the Pill and have also noticed an increase in weight since starting in January 98. The thing is, the weight gain was gradual over the years, but it is stubbornly hanging on now.

I am looking forward to the increase in energy, as I've been thinking about using ECA recently. I'd rather try everything else before I do ECA though, so let's hope this works!

Thanks for all of your feedback!

Same here, its been a year since I've stopped taking the pill. It was very hard to loose the weight, cuz your metabolism goes hay wire after you stopp........when on the pill, I gained fat on my butt and thighs...and cellulite on top of that, yak.
My libido decreased and I was always moody. Now I feel a lot better, no more water retention, my body is back to normal :)
My sex drive is amazing :D I would never go on the pill again.

Natglutes, what do you mean that your metabolism goes haywire after you stop? I mean, can I expect to lose some of the weight I've gained (also, in my case, on butt and thighs)?

What would your recommendation be on taking diane-35 contrceptive pill?
I'm competing for the first time in November in figure competitions, my DR. wants me to go on to it to reduce a slightly higher than average testosterone level.

But I think from what I hear here it would be in my best interests to not to take it!

I was alot leaner on the pill!

Am I the only one who was leaner? I don't know if it was the symthetic Progesterone
or what, but when I went off the sucker, all hell broke loose.
I have had a terrible time getting my body fat back down to where it was on the Pill.
Also my periods went back to being, horrible. On the pill I rarely got a period...
Now I have 3 good days a month. :)
Except when I'm "on". Then everyday is a good day!!!

PS I was taking a higher Estrogen level Pill than the Doc's like to prescribe, but I insisted.
I just felt better on the higher dosage.
My skin was also alot more supple and nice. Estrogen, even in the Pill=Youth for women.

Top Bottom