Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about childbirth and skeletal hip width

Latamier said:
I dont know why I'm reading this, maybe cause it is a medical based question, who knows. Unfortunately the pelvis does not always return to normal, and you can develope what is called a pubic diastasis. This is rare however, but causes a lot of pain and some women can not even walk afterwards. This can be treated simply with traction for a few days, or in a worse case scenario, you may have to make a small incision over the symphisis pubis and reduce it with a bone reduction forcept and then apply a plate and screws to it to hold the pelvis together. although rare, we had 2 women as patients last year with this problem. One was treated with traction, the other with surgery.

What a great thing to read when you are 7 months pregnant :) j/k ...............thanks for the info.

BronzedGoddess said:

What a great thing to read when you are 7 months pregnant :) j/k ...............thanks for the info.

Sorry if you got spooked on this. I just thought it was interesting when we had 2 patients with this same problem. Orthopaedics can sometimes get boring. I like it when we get a good trauma accident, or something else of special interest. Good luck on your delivery. I hope all goes smoothly for you and your husband.

sermon_of_crockery said:
I wonder if scientists can synthesize or extract relaxin. It could be instrumental in PT to regain ROM after an injury.

In response to the fact that a lot of women with fibromyalgia seem to go into remission during pregnancy, some doctors have been treating it (FMS) with porcine relaxin, sold under the trade name of "Vitalaxin". Apparently, in testing it was found to be stronger and more effective than even added human relaxin. (No, I don't want to know where they got it from.)

Unfortunately, it's extremely expensive, especially as a maintenance medication. If you're interested, you can find a source for it on the internet by searching for "vitalaxin". It's completely legal and completely OTC. Just expensive.

Fawn

Top Bottom