Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about cardion in the a.m.

ashley2212 said:
Ditto....

This bothers me a lot... "Shadow - you are my hero and what you say is the bible as far as I'm concerned, of course - I appreciate all you ladies input too, but I've decided to do cardio first thing in the morning before eating, and then have my egg white pancake with oatmeal afterwards."

Shadow is very intelligent and very knowledgable... I love having him on this board (as I'm sure everyone else is)... but it seems that everything that was said here was disregarded until Shadow responded... Raina, Daisy, Sassy, and jenscats gave you some great advice and they're extremely intelligent women. IMO, it's rude to turn one person into "the God" here. If you don't care to hear what the rest of the women have to say, discuss your problems in PM.

I dont think its that......but I do think your response might better suited for pms

I think y'all are missing the thrust of her point...

if you look....I did not offer any advice on the question at all.

Her decision to listen to the masses couldnt have had anything to do with me as I didnt address the point at all.

I think it was the timing more than anything else.....

Last edited:
I'm truly sorry if you ladies misinterpreted what I said. I listened to all of your advice, and weighed up everything and just decided to go with Shadow's advice, as he kind of reminds me of some of the stuff my brother (who also is a bodybuilder) has said to me. I'm so sorry if you think that was rude, it wasn't meant to be that way.

I won't be able to leave the house to go to the gym, that hasn't changed as yes, I do have two small kids, but my husband had told me that this morning we were going to get a treadmill, so therefore I can do my cardio first thing now.

I admire all of you ladies very much, however, in the short time I've been reading these forums, I find Shadow's advice to be right on the money each and every time.

Also when Shadow mentioned that I would double my fat burning doing cardio first, that ultimately made up my mind as I have quite a lot of fat to lose.

Lynette said:
Also when Shadow mentioned that I would double my fat burning doing cardio first, that ultimately made up my mind as I have quite a lot of fat to lose.

I was gonna post something to that end.

Congrats on the treadmill in your future -- this makes life hella bunch easier!

The only point I wanted to make was that in all of this advice it is terribly confusing to figure out how to approach things, however no one is goign to get the ultimate diet / training here - each thing needs to be tweaked to work for each individual person's life & lifestyle. The best way to do that is to throw a stake in the ground on a basic program (emphasis on BASIC... keep it SIMPLE!), try it for a while and make adjustments as challenges present themselves. My goal in all of this is to add more and more tools to my 'bag of tricks' so I can build my own base of understanding and make my own adjustments along the way.

Edumacate me baby!

Sassy, thank you so much for your amazing words, you are a huge inspiration to me too. I definitely struggle with the whole concept of eating good and training smart. However, I've learnt so much from so many great people, and like you say every individual needs different things, so I'm starting with the basic food and will tweak it as necessary the way you have suggested, and the way many others in my life have suggested.

I feel lucky to have found this forum and met so many great people, I aspire to be as disciplined and as beautiful as most of the ladies on this board.

My brother is extremely disciplined and is a great motivation to me, as well as my husband who is a former professional kickboxer, so I'm surrounded by athletes. I have trained hard actually for many years, but my biggest problem has always been my diet, as I'm a chocoholic and love my whisky, not a good combination :) But I've been eating clean for some time now, and am starting to see some results.

Thanks again though Sassy for your great advice.

By the way I was thinking of starting a journal as of next week, as I'm training with a personal trainer for a four week intensive program, is it okay to put my journal on here even though I'm not a platinum member?

Of course it is okay! You can just start a thread with your name in it - like so many people have. Just do the updates in there as often as you want! :)

I know I check out the "individual" threads every couple days - they are fun to read through, motivating, and we ALL can learn something from someone else! :)

Good luck!

The Shadow said:
Post workout - CARBS AND PROTEIN

Breakfast - typically no fats

cardio - depends on time frame.....typically carbs protein - no fat

Y'all are making this too complicated.

ONLY eat fat specifically if there is a long peroid between meals....

You must spread your karma around before you can give it to shadow again.

Hey Lynnette -- congrats on the treadmill!! That will make things easier for you I hope..... pick a program that suits your needs & one you can stick with!!

Hope to see your journal soon....

Top Bottom