Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about cardion in the a.m.

alycat said:
so why is it ok to have Protein + fats? and not just protein???
and other then the food before cardio, how about protein in general? so what you are all saying is even when I have my P.Shakes I should ALWAYS add a fat?

Protein + fat = slow absorption of the protein by the body

Protein alone = Rapid absorption of the protein by the body

Thus, after working out, you want protein alone so it's absorbed quickly to replenish the glycogen used up during the workout....

You want protein + fat before bed so the protein is absorbed more slowly while you sleep to prevent catabolism....

Re: Question about cardio in the a.m.

Lynette said:
On my cardio days I typically eat 6 egg whites at around 6.15am, and then do my cardio at 9.15am.

I know everyone always says do your cardio on an empty stomach, but the fact that I eat just pure protein and then train three hours later, is this okay?

6 egg whites is hardly anything. Only about 100 calories. You need more calories than this for breakfast. IMO, you should aim from 250-300 calories for breakfast.

Add some oats, or veggies, or yolks to the mix.

IMO, it would be better to do your cardio immediately upon waking then how you are doing it right now. That said, i'm not a big fan of AM cardio. I do think its best for fat loss, but I loose to much muscle while doing AM cardio. I always do my cardio after weights.

Re: Question about cardio in the a.m.

Lynette said:
On my cardio days I typically eat 6 egg whites at around 6.15am, and then do my cardio at 9.15am.

I know everyone always says do your cardio on an empty stomach, but the fact that I eat just pure protein and then train three hours later, is this okay?

It depends on your goal

If you cut and don't care losing a bit of lean body mass then it's (quite) OK, otherwise you may want to eat a bit more

jenscats5 said:
I know mine isn't the popular opinion, but I say do your cardio when you have time to & when you can actually do it...... I'm NOT a morning person & don't like doing cardio in the morning & don't put the effort into it when I do......

Amen. I do cardio, oh - around noonish. :)

OK - sometimes I do it right away in the morning, but not very often. I'll usually have braksfats and then wait a couple of hours before cardio. Or I'll do it after weight training. Or whenever I find the time. Basically.

jenscats5 said:
Protein + fat = slow absorption of the protein by the body

Thus, after working out, you want protein alone so it's absorbed quickly to replenish the glycogen used up during the workout....

You want protein + fat before bed so the protein is absorbed more slowly while you sleep to prevent catabolism....

Great post!!!!
after WO (weight) I eat a protein NO FATS!!!
at bed time I eat Protein WITH FATS!!!!
at breakfast I eat Protein with or with out fats????
and after Cardio do I eat Protein with or with out fats????

P.S. I'm taking a nutrition course at Fanshawe College from the Can-Fit-Pro certificate. I hope this helps me....

jenscats5 said:
I know mine isn't the popular opinion, but I say do your cardio when you have time to & when you can actually do it...... I'm NOT a morning person & don't like doing cardio in the morning & don't put the effort into it when I do.....

But definitely have some fat in with your first meal, such as 1 yolk, little olive oil, etc....

thats fine but there is no doubt that an empty stomach will boost the fat burining....nearly double in fact

alycat said:
Great post!!!!
after WO (weight) I eat a protein NO FATS!!!
at bed time I eat Protein WITH FATS!!!!
at breakfast I eat Protein with or with out fats????
and after Cardio do I eat Protein with or with out fats????

P.S. I'm taking a nutrition course at Fanshawe College from the Can-Fit-Pro certificate. I hope this helps me....

Post workout - CARBS AND PROTEIN

Breakfast - typically no fats

cardio - depends on time frame.....typically carbs protein - no fat

Y'all are making this too complicated.

ONLY eat fat specifically if there is a long peroid between meals....

jenscats5 said:

...not true.....you NEED carbs AND protein post workput

The Shadow said:
...not true.....you NEED carbs AND protein post workput

I thought after weights, you should have a protein shake with water??

No? OK I'm just as confused as everyone else then....

jenscats5 said:
I thought after weights, you should have a protein shake with water??

No? OK I'm just as confused as everyone else then....

Where did you get that??

Top Bottom