Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Que's Journey begins

que_66

Hello everyone!

I'm 39, 5' 4" and weigh 161.5. Per a bmi calculator online I'm at 27.6. I measured my various body parts and have that written down. It's rather disgusting so I'm not posting the measurements.

I'm not happy with me so here's what I've done so far and what my plans are for the future:

I started loosing weight in 2003 by changing my eating habits and parking at the end of the parking lot and/or taking the stairs. No real exercise plan but that change in diet dropped me from a size 16 to a size 12. Drink water all the time, limit soda's to 1 a day (if any).

In June 2005 I quit smoking cold turkey and only allowed myself a weight gain of 5lbs. So far I've managed to stay under that. My kids bought me a bike so I could ride instead of smoke. After dinner was/is the worst time for wanting a smoke.

I started out barely being able to ride 2 miles at a time every couple of days. Now I ride at least 10 miles almost every night and 20 miles on Saturday or Sunday. I love my bike. I can't ride the day after the 20 miler yet but I'm working on that. This has gotten me to a size 10. I now reside in plateau hell.

My goals are to look good, feel good and be healthier. I have the mental image of what I need to look like on the outside so that it matches how I feel on the inside. I don't intend on competing and I know that I won't be on the cover of a magazine and I'm ok with that.

It's time to kick it up a notch and I refuse to set myself up for failure. I've been researching weight lifting for months and bought several books on the subject: The body sculpting bible for women, body sculpting bible for abs, body sculpting bible express for women. Read them, studied, looked up stuff, read them again, etc. etc..

When I quit smoking I started eating 5-6 small meals a day. Took me a while to get the hang of that but now I don't even think about it, I just do it.

2 obstacles now gone: smoking & learning to eat 5-6 times a day.

Yesterday (9/19/5) I started using the 14 day routine from one of the books to get used to lifting and to make a new habit. I'm only using the 5lb weight because I'm just starting the routines and I want to concentrate on getting the form correct. Then out come the 10lb weights and so on and so on. (It's ok to laugh at the weight :lmao: )

I've copied several different diets and am working on getting a tailored plan together but I don't eat eggs. I think the main one I have is Daisey_girls' clean diet. (Thank you Daisey_Girl)

My current supplements are:
Pills: calcium, multi vitamin, flax.
Liquid: whey shakes.
(I take the flax pill every other night because it always sends me to the bathroom for an hour. When my body gets used to it then I can change dosage and/or timing.)

I'm doing all of this at home because I can't afford a gym membership at the moment. (Going thru divorce.....still....after 1 1/2 yrs....but that's another story. :p )

As for pictures, I'll have to dig some up as I'm normally the one behind the camera.

I've lurked but finally chose this site because you don't seem to sugarcoat much. You just tell it like it is and the information on this site is amazing. Thank you to everyone who shares their knowledge with weightlifting newbies such as myself.

I think I covered everything I'm supposed to per the sticky. If not, I apologize.

Now it's time to get busy - I don't want a zip code for my a**. ;)

Welcome to EF! We are here for you - whatever your goals may be!

:rose:

Hi. I'm relatively new too and have found it hard at times already but I read the posts on this site daily and it helps with my motivation. You have definitely come to the right place. Good luck!

Que_66 said:
I've lurked but finally chose this site because you don't seem to sugarcoat much.

Sugar coating just increases cortisol. :)

Welcome & congrats on the amazing strides you've made in your life - obviously a bit of stress going on w/ the divorce and what not. But sounds like you have a firm grasp on the bull & still riding after the 8 second point!

Glad you found us! Post up and post often! You sound like an inspiration waiting to inspire someone. Maybe there's a newbie tomorrow who will be that person.

:)

Top Bottom