x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Que's Journey begins

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Que's Journey begins within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: Hello everyone! I'm 39, 5' 4" and weigh 161.5. Per a bmi calculator online I'm at 27.6. I measured my various body parts and have that written down. It's rather disgusting so I'm not posting the measurements. I'm not happy with me so here's what I've done so far and what my plans are for the future: I started loosing weight in 2003 by changing my eating habits and parking at the end of the parking lot and/or taking the stairs. No real exercise plan but that change in diet dropped

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 6 of 172 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Re: Que's Journey begins

Do you like tuna?

I always keep a few cans in my desk drawer (I forget all the time too!)

I also keep a few cans of the Stallone protein pudding at work - there is a lot of sodium in it, but 1 can = 100 cals , 20g protein, 1 carb , 1 fat.

I feel like crap. With the pizza binge at lunch and everything else I feel like a balloon that's only remaining on the ground because it's a high gravity day or all the iron in my blood went to lead in my a** and I can't lift off.

Most of the time I take the stairs at work unless I'm going all the way to the 3rd floor from the basement and then it's the elevator. Today after lunch I felt so stupid for what I ate that not only did I take the stairs all the way up - but I skipped a stair each time so it was like doing lunges all the way up. I have to mow the yard in about an hour and I might even mow the neighbors.........

I think posting in this journal seems to motivate me and helps to keep me focused. It's "written down" so it "must be so."

Quote Quote posted by Que_66
    I feel like crap. With the pizza binge at lunch and everything else I feel like a balloon that's only remaining on the ground because it's a high gravity day or all the iron in my blood went to lead in my a** and I can't lift off.

Most of the time I take the stairs at work unless I'm going all the way to the 3rd floor from the basement and then it's the elevator. Today after lunch I felt so stupid for what I ate that not only did I take the stairs all the way up - but I skipped a stair each time so it was like doing lunges all the way up. I have to mow the yard in about an hour and I might even mow the neighbors.........

I think posting in this journal seems to motivate me and helps to keep me focused. It's "written down" so it "must be so."

Oh hun don't be so rough on yourself so you slipped. We have all slipped BELIEVE me. Just pick yourself up and brush yourself off and keep going.

Da Pope

^^^ Got that right darlin...

Don't make me use this...

Well the weekend was a nightmare & yesterdat wasn't much better. All in all I did pretty good on food. I didnít get my water in and now that itís getting colder I know Iím going to have a problem with that. I didnít exercise much this weekend but I did spend Saturday mowing, raking & shoveling and then I rode my bike for 7 miles. Sunday was mopping, scrubbing, laundry, etc.. No exercise on Monday night as I had a visitor and I'm not sure about tonight because I have to get the truck cleaned up for the potential buyer.

I started using the reminder feature on my cell phone to buzz me when itís time to eat or take a supplement and itís working pretty well.

I dropped the Relacor because I should have been able to tell a difference while taking it and there was none. Imagine something like this not working.

After a discussion with my physician and the nutritionist my supplements are now as follows:

Flax - 2 per day morning & evening
    Calcium 600mg - in the evening instead of early morning
    Multi-vit Ė morning
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) - 50mg- Morning. Dosage will increase at a later date
    L-Carnitine Ė 3x day, 30 min before meals, to be changed to Acetyl-L-Carnitine at a later date.

I can tell the difference after just a few days of the supplement changes. I have more energy and I don't have to wear socks to bed now. I've had to wear socks to bed for-ever!

Iíll be posting food a bit later in the day, right now I'm looking for the switch that stops the world from spinning.....I wanna get off for awhile.

EF thanks for e-motivating me!

Food for Tuesday:

7:00am (running late today)
    1 flax
    1 multi vit
    1 ALA
    1 LAC
    1 pkg cream of wheat made w/water
    1/4 c dried blueberries*
    1 hard boiled egg - white only (the dog (Max) ate the yolk )
    20 oz coffee w/splenda & 2 tsp. ff creamer

*I put the blueberries in 2/3 c water and microwave for 1 min, then I add the cream of wheat and microwave again - the berries plump up after you nuke them.

10:00 am
    1 cup red seedless grapes
    1.75 oz roasted salted peanuts

11:30 am
    1 LAC

(planned menu for this afternoon)
    1:00 pm
    *4 oz cottage cheese, 2% milkfat
    6 oz tuna, packed in water, drained

4 oz protein shake (substitution for 4oz of the nasty s***)

*OMG this stuff is nasty...I had to drown each bite with tuna just to get it down!
    I was supposed to eat 8 oz but I can't bare to swallow it. I love cottage cheese so I guess I'll just have to eat the "real" stuff and take the hit on the numbers.

Planned activities for the evening:
    3:30 pm 'ish - run my ascii off getting the truck cleaned out, washed, gased up and ready for the potential buyer to fork over some bling and drive away while making me a very happy camper.

I need to mow the yard but I don't know if I'll have time tonite.
    I want to ride my bike.
    I want to take Max for a walk.
    I want to do the belly dancing video(s) again.

I want, I want, I want ..............
    Last edited by Que_66; 04-Oct-2005 at 02:36 PM. Reason: cottage cheese update

Da Pope

Food for Tuesday:

1 flax
    1 multi vit
    1 ALA
    1 LAC
    1/4 c dried blueberries*

*I put the blueberries in 2/3 c water and microwave for 1 min, then I add the cream of wheat and microwave again - the berries plump up after you nuke them.

1 LAC

*OMG this stuff is nasty...I had to drown each bite with tuna just to get it down!
    I was supposed to eat 8 oz but I can't bare to swallow it. I love cottage cheese so I guess I'll just have to eat the "real" stuff and take the hit on the numbers.

3:30 pm 'ish - run my ascii off getting the truck cleaned out, washed, gased up and ready for the potential buyer to fork over some bling and drive away while making me a very happy camper.

I want to ride my bike.

^

You're so cute... I wanna play too. I'm going to make a list...

Food for Tuesday:

1 flax
    1 multi vit
    1 ALA
    1 LAC
    1/4 c dried blueberries*

1 LAC

I want to ride my bike.

4:00 pm
    12 oz protein shake (was busy cleaning the truck)
    12 oz unsweetened ice tea

6:00 pm
    1 LAC

6:45 pm
    3 pcs chicken bacon ranch pizza (each piece was about 4"L x 2"W)
    supps

9:45 pm (I'm soooooooo hungry & the pizza pretty much maxed me out for the day)
    4 oz milk

Daily totals:
    Cal:1729
    Fat:57
    carb: 143
    protein: 156
    I accounted for the pizza as best I could.

Did I get to do this:
    NO - I need to mow the yard but I don't know if I'll have time tonite.
    NO - I want to ride my bike.
    YES, a short one - I want to take Max for a walk.
    NO
    - I want to do the belly dancing video(s) again.

Re: Que's continuing saga

Wednesday
    I'm running late again thanks to a 2nd shift friend texting me on my cell phone at 2:30 in the friggin morning and dorking up my sleep schedule. I didn't get to pack a proper lunch for today because I need to cook more stuff and was going to do that this morning. On top of that I didn't get to work out last night or this morning - - pent up frustration.

Payback has red hair. I know he sleeps with the phone close to his head - - I called him at 7:00 am

7:00 am
    1 pkg cream of wheat
    1/2 cup blueberries
    coffee w/splenda
    1 tsp ff creamer
    supps

9:45 am
    3 oz chicken breast
    coffee w/splenda
    1 oz half & half (for the coffee)

11:55 am
    1 LAC

12:45 pm
    3 oz chicken breast
    1 bell pepper, raw

scorpiogirl

I'm also quite pale and have tried a similar product to mystic tan. I had it sprayed on at the salon, just the lightest version of it and I thought it was great - not orange at all, just a "healthy glow".
    Quite a few people still think "sunless" means "orange" like it did in the old days. I'm a salon owner and can tell you the industry has taken every measure to ensure that the sunless systems and products are as natural looking as possible. One thing to remember if you are going to try the spray. EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE!!! lol

Make sure you get all those dead skin cells off before you get sprayed. The top layer of skin is constantly sluffing off. To ensure an "even" application, your skin needs to have the freshest cells possible for the product to adhear to. Then, hopefully, the top layer again will sluff off all at the same time (usually not). When it does start to come off, be prepaired for a splotchy look. You will either need to get a "touch up" here and there or wait until it all comes off and reapply full body. It's for this reason that many people are unhappy with spray.