Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Que's Journey begins

Welcome! Glad you are here and congrats on the hardest thing...quiting smoking! The rest will be easy compared to that!! Gald your here!

I've successfully worked out 2 days in a row - woohoo for me :)

I had to deal with the ex (hereinafter referred to as "tardboy") last nite and didn't want to do anything when I got home but I did it anyway. Last nite was 2 sets, 18-20 reps of lying leg raises for lower abs & 8 min taebo workout.

I got up this morning and did the 8 min taebo workout again on an almost empty stomach. (I had some coffee.) I'm not sore but most of my muscles feel "tired." Since my eyelashes don't hurt yet I think I'll be ok. :nerd:

Tonight is 2 sets, 18-20 reps of each: dumbell upright rows, two-legged dumbell calf raises, dumbell curls & lying dumbell tricep extensions. I'll do cardio again, probably the 8 min workout and/or a bike ride since I didn't get to do one last night.

I fully intend on doing some form of cardio everyday. I know that 8 minutes isn't much but I'm working my way up and that particular video kicks my a** at this point. The bike rides are normally about an hour of constant peddling and most generally in the hardest gear to maximize the workout.

Ok that's it for now - thanks for the encouragement and the warm welcome !!

Que_66 said:
Hello everyone!

I'm 39, 5' 4" and weigh 161.5. Per a bmi calculator online I'm at 27.6. I measured my various body parts and have that written down. It's rather disgusting so I'm not posting the measurements.

I'm not happy with me so here's what I've done so far and what my plans are for the future:

I started loosing weight in 2003 by changing my eating habits and parking at the end of the parking lot and/or taking the stairs. No real exercise plan but that change in diet dropped me from a size 16 to a size 12. Drink water all the time, limit soda's to 1 a day (if any).

In June 2005 I quit smoking cold turkey and only allowed myself a weight gain of 5lbs. So far I've managed to stay under that. My kids bought me a bike so I could ride instead of smoke. After dinner was/is the worst time for wanting a smoke.

I started out barely being able to ride 2 miles at a time every couple of days. Now I ride at least 10 miles almost every night and 20 miles on Saturday or Sunday. I love my bike. I can't ride the day after the 20 miler yet but I'm working on that. This has gotten me to a size 10. I now reside in plateau hell.

My goals are to look good, feel good and be healthier. I have the mental image of what I need to look like on the outside so that it matches how I feel on the inside. I don't intend on competing and I know that I won't be on the cover of a magazine and I'm ok with that.

It's time to kick it up a notch and I refuse to set myself up for failure. I've been researching weight lifting for months and bought several books on the subject: The body sculpting bible for women, body sculpting bible for abs, body sculpting bible express for women. Read them, studied, looked up stuff, read them again, etc. etc..

When I quit smoking I started eating 5-6 small meals a day. Took me a while to get the hang of that but now I don't even think about it, I just do it.

2 obstacles now gone: smoking & learning to eat 5-6 times a day.

Yesterday (9/19/5) I started using the 14 day routine from one of the books to get used to lifting and to make a new habit. I'm only using the 5lb weight because I'm just starting the routines and I want to concentrate on getting the form correct. Then out come the 10lb weights and so on and so on. (It's ok to laugh at the weight :lmao: )

I've copied several different diets and am working on getting a tailored plan together but I don't eat eggs. I think the main one I have is Daisey_girls' clean diet. (Thank you Daisey_Girl)

My current supplements are:
Pills: calcium, multi vitamin, flax.
Liquid: whey shakes.
(I take the flax pill every other night because it always sends me to the bathroom for an hour. When my body gets used to it then I can change dosage and/or timing.)

I'm doing all of this at home because I can't afford a gym membership at the moment. (Going thru divorce.....still....after 1 1/2 yrs....but that's another story. :p )

As for pictures, I'll have to dig some up as I'm normally the one behind the camera.

I've lurked but finally chose this site because you don't seem to sugarcoat much. You just tell it like it is and the information on this site is amazing. Thank you to everyone who shares their knowledge with weightlifting newbies such as myself.

I think I covered everything I'm supposed to per the sticky. If not, I apologize.

Now it's time to get busy - I don't want a zip code for my a**. ;)

::lots of applause::

The ladies here know how to diet and workout. They also have manners.

Good luck.

Little late on the Welcome wagon ... :rose:

Along with your other accomplishments, seriously, CONGRATS on kicking the habit.

It took me until Jan 05 to begin to eat 5-6 meals a day and the results were absolutely phenom once you just ate clean and often.

There is always enough inspiration & motivation here to keep you on the right track.

and whip cracking :velvett: :)

Best wishes!

Black coffee sucks!I miss my fat free creamer and sugar.

Oh well, gotta do what I gotta do, it's not like the fat fairy "just appeared" and dropped off some extra tonage on my a** while I was sleeping. *rolls eyes at self*

I did the 8min taebo workout again this morning & although most of my muscles feel a little tired - I can still walk upright and I don't "hurt" so that's a good sign. :) (I know I have to crawl before I can walk....besides, while crawling I have a great view of nicely formed male backsides wrapped tightly in jeans - woot woot eye candy, motivational imagery, etc etc :rolleyes: )

I signed up at fitday and set my weight goal at 130 lbs by 01/01/06. This means I need to loose 2.15 lbs per week to reach that goal. The important part is that it's written down, it's solid, has to be done because it's now written in stone! (so to speak.)

I know that muscle weighs more than fat so the weight "number" won't be the driving force behind me - how I look when I look in a mirror and how I feel will be the key. Vanity Goal: single digit clothing

Tonights workout is ab crunches & probably a bike ride. I haven't ridden all week and I miss the song the tires sing as they glide along the pavement.....

I survived week 1 and lost 1.5 lbs. !!

It took me a few days to get used to the diet and to get it tweaked. I didn't realize how much I disliked eggs.

The first couple of days I felt like I was starving but using fitday to track everything I put in my mouth and physical activity helped me a lot.

Thank you EF for listing the link for www.fitday.com I've sent the link to some people at work that are "dieting." I told them to add weight lifting to their exercise regimin. :biggrin:

I still have trouble working out on a completely empty stomach so I have to drink a bit of black coffee before and voila' - no chucking schrapnel at 4:30am

I've successfully exercised everyday and today was the first day that I could do the full 55 min cardio routine without passing out. (New taebo fat blasting cardio dvd) I thought I had a decent fitness level due to all the bike riding I've done - - I was OH-SO-WRONG that dvd kicked my a** like nobody's business!

Now I'm really pi**ed at myself for being such a slacker and letting myself go. So here's how I see things: An obstacle is either a stumbling block or a stepping stone - the choice is mine. With that having been said; I pull up my hair, put on the exercise gear, grab the gloves and shout: bring it the F*** on!! :devil:

My apologies if that offends anyone but I'm on a mission. Thank you again for all the encouragement that I am finding on this site.

^^ Congrats girl on finding a way to kick start yourself!! Way to get it done!! Bring it!!! YEAH!!!
kult.gif
sport-smiley-003.gif

I didn't sleep well, I'm bloated, I didn't hear my alarm clock & I just don't feel good today. Mother nature us due for a visit. :worried:

Tuesday
6:30 am
Black Coffee w/1 pkt splenda
Supps:
600mg calcium,
multi vit w/ecgh (equate diet smart brand)
2 relacore

7:45 am
1 pkt low sugar quaker instant oatmeal, apples & cinnamon made w/water

1st day for using splenda in coffee & it seems to take the bite out of black coffee.

I can't have too much caffeine, ephedra or ephedra like products as they make my heart beat too fast and I can't breathe. I can't drink those "energy drinks" or take stuff like Stacker2. I need to "use up" the supps I have on hand before I buy anything else and since there are so many supps out there that it's very confusing - even reading some of the threads here I'm still "cornfused" about which supps I need to take in order to acheive the desired goals and to make sure my body has what it needs.

I understand that diet & exercise are the 2 main ingredients in the recipe of my physical transformation but from everything I've read, supps play a critical role in metabolic maintenance.

OK, enough rambling and e-whining for today..... :p

10:00am
1 Banana

11:45 am
6 oz tuna. water packed/drained
1 c cottage cheese w/Mrs. Dash Original
20 oz bottle of water

Last edited:
Que_66 said:
I didn't sleep well, I'm bloated, I didn't hear my alarm clock & I just don't feel good today. Mother nature us due for a visit. :worried:

Tuesday
6:30 am
Black Coffee w/1 pkt splenda
Supps:
600mg calcium,
multi vit w/ecgh (equate diet smart brand)
2 relacore

7:45 am
1 pkt low sugar quaker instant oatmeal, apples & cinnamon made w/water

1st day for using splenda in coffee & it seems to take the bite out of black coffee.

I can't have too much caffeine, ephedra or ephedra like products as they make my heart beat too fast and I can't breathe. I can't drink those "energy drinks" or take stuff like Stacker2. I need to "use up" the supps I have on hand before I buy anything else and since there are so many supps out there that it's very confusing - even reading some of the threads here I'm still "cornfused" about which supps I need to take in order to acheive the desired goals and to make sure my body has what it needs.

I understand that diet & exercise are the 2 main ingredients in the recipe of my physical transformation but from everything I've read, supps play a critical role in metabolic maintenance.

OK, enough rambling and e-whining for today..... :p

10:00am
1 Banana

11:45 am
6 oz tuna. water packed/drained
1 c cottage cheese w/Mrs. Dash Original
20 oz bottle of water

Great job :)

You just started this a week ago?

Maybe you could wait a bit before using fat burners (like when you plateau)

I would recomend Levorex from the AF store https://www.anabolicfitness.net/shop/product_info.php?id=96&cartID=efdb09a70ef7eceea00bf7132888d091
It will not make your heart rate increase

Is this what you ment by supps? Or were you wondering about whey, glut, creatine etc?

skittles said:
Great job :)

You just started this a week ago?

Maybe you could wait a bit before using fat burners (like when you plateau)

I would recomend Levorex from the AF store https://www.anabolicfitness.net/shop/product_info.php?id=96&cartID=efdb09a70ef7eceea00bf7132888d091
It will not make your heart rate increase

Is this what you ment by supps? Or were you wondering about whey, glut, creatine etc?

Yes.
I think I have a grip on whey, glut, creatine etc but there are so many supplements that increase metabolism or assist with fat reduction and those are the ones that confuse me.

I started this particular diet/exercise regimin a week ago but I have been working on loosing weight by quitting smoking and riding my bike.

I've already plateau'd and have been stuck at this weight (160lbs starting weight) for a while so that's why I am taking a different approach by adding weight lifting and a different type of diet.

I was doing a set number of calories 1200-1500 per day and I was starving not to mention that I wasn't loosing any weight. Now I'm doing 40/30/30 with my caloric intake between 10-12 times my current body weight (it's a modified clean diet from this site) I also have added weight lifting and more cardio to my exercise routines as my bike rides were the only cardio I had.

Top Bottom