Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Que's Journey begins

14319a1xxy33ywx.gif

T-Cake said:
:wavey: Hello T-Cake & thanks for the well wishes!

I did have a decent day.

I did 20 min pilates last night and thought I'd be sore today - just a little soreness in the booty is all.

"Pick your level Weight Loss Pilates" dvd - $10

I get bored with workouts so I picked up this dvd yesterday because it says it has 3 levels: Beginner, Intermediate and Advcance all on 1 dvd and not in 3 different workouts.

I just completed it and I liked it. There are 3 instructors, each instructor is assigned a level. With each exercise you see and hear how to do that exercise at each of the levels. Three versions of the same exercise and you can choose which level is appropriate for you on that particular exercise. I was able to do all of the level 1 and a few of the level 2 positions.

If you're already an advanced Pilates person this dvd would probably put you to sleep but for me since I'm starting over and have virtually no flexibility left - it's fine.

(I have a Windsor Pilates dvd set but I like to have a variety of choices.)

Although I liked the video I must remember NOT to do this in my pajamas again AND I need to remember that pilates hurts! :rolleyes:

que_66 said:
"Pick your level Weight Loss Pilates" dvd - $10

I get bored with workouts so I picked up this dvd yesterday because it says it has 3 levels: Beginner, Intermediate and Advcance all on 1 dvd and not in 3 different workouts.

I just completed it and I liked it. There are 3 instructors, each instructor is assigned a level. With each exercise you see and hear how to do that exercise at each of the levels. Three versions of the same exercise and you can choose which level is appropriate for you on that particular exercise. I was able to do all of the level 1 and a few of the level 2 positions.

If you're already an advanced Pilates person this dvd would probably put you to sleep but for me since I'm starting over and have virtually no flexibility left - it's fine.Da

(I have a Windsor Pilates dvd set but I like to have a variety of choices.)

Although I liked the video I must remember NOT to do this in my pajamas again AND I need to remember that pilates hurts! :rolleyes:

FOAM ROLLER:
I've been having some trouble with my left leg & hip and Daisy's post on ITBS contained a link regarding the use of foam rollers so I actually found one in town - bought it. I'm going to use it in just a few minutes and see if it will help with this leg/hip issue.

YOGA BLOCKS:
They are $10 each here in town but I found some on clearance today for $2.50 each so I bought 2.

..........*M* is still out for storm repair so I don't know when I'll get to talk to him again. - - - - This storm repair business is messing up my timeline. :mad:

que_66 said:

FOAM ROLLER:
I've been having some trouble with my left leg & hip and Daisy's post on ITBS contained a link regarding the use of foam rollers so I actually found one in town - bought it. I'm going to use it in just a few minutes and see if it will help with this leg/hip issue.

YOGA BLOCKS:
They are $10 each here in town but I found some on clearance today for $2.50 each so I bought 2.

..........*M* is still out for storm repair so I don't know when I'll get to talk to him again. - - - - This storm repair business is messing up my timeline. :mad:

Let me know how the foam roller works for you. I was told to get one for my back and hip and just haven't gotten around to it.

That suuuucks about M. positive vibes to you++++++++++++++++++++++

ck2006 said:
Let me know how the foam roller works for you. I was told to get one for my back and hip and just haven't gotten around to it.

That suuuucks about M. positive vibes to you++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks CK :rose:

The foam roller I bought is 6" round x 18" long and came with an instructional cd. (GoFit brand - bought it at Target today)

I want to use it properly so I went thru all of the exercises on the cd and I have to say that while doing the back exercise I could feel 'knots' releasing that I didn't even know were there! - It actually felt good to roll my back so I rolled it until it didn't hurt anymore. It was a little tingly when I was done.

Rolling the IT band hurt..........

Rolling the leg parts & hip flexor on my left side almost made me cry :worried:

I will force myself to use this torture device because I know I need to and that it will get easier, however, I must say this:

OWWWWW!!!!

que_66 said:

Thanks CK :rose:

The foam roller I bought is 6" round x 18" long and came with an instructional cd. (GoFit brand - bought it at Target today)

I want to use it properly so I went thru all of the exercises on the cd and I have to say that while doing the back exercise I could feel 'knots' releasing that I didn't even know were there! - It actually felt good to roll my back so I rolled it until it didn't hurt anymore. It was a little tingly when I was done.

Rolling the IT band hurt..........

Rolling the leg parts & hip flexor on my left side almost made me cry :worried:

I will force myself to use this torture device because I know I need to and that it will get easier, however, I must say this:

OWWWWW!!!!

Do you still hurt after the exercises ? I am going to follow your progress on this :heart:

Top Bottom