Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Que's Journey begins

I fully intend on using Shadow's plan. I'm going to bide my time until the orientation has been completed. Smile, listen and mentally flip him off with every smartass comment he makes.

When the owner gets back from vacation I might just have a little chat regarding his college student trainer. Maybe not immediately upon his return....but that conversation will happen.

He may THINK he's young and superior but I KNOW I'm old, clever & stubborn as hell.

que_66 said:
/rant
It's still snowing and it's 10:20 am & was supposed to have stopped by now. :finger:

All the systems are acting up because of the weather & I knew what my day was going to be like before I ever left the house. :finger:

Users keep calling me about the system issues that I can't fix but haven't said thanks for the ones that ARE fixed and then complain because I was actually at my desk and not in the server room fixing stuff. :finger: If you'd quit calling me I might actually be able to leave my desk, it's not like this hasn't happened before. :finger: :finger:

Half the IT department is out on vacation because it's Spring Break week here and the others that are missing live out in the middle of BFE and can't get here because of the snow. :finger:

/rant over- thanks for e-listening
O.k. I am dying laughing at this because I know how you feel!!!!!! I deal with this BS on a daily basis which is why I'm switching careers!

As far as your trainer that guy is just young minded maybe you could knock some sense into him. Most guys I see that start out as trainers in the gym are high on cocaine (not literally), but they all seem to act like they are on a higher pedestal. The guys in their 30's seem to have figured out how to talk to women and to say the things they want to hear, althought they just have tweaked the game to still benefit them... Just a tad bit smarter.
If he starts talking down to you in public just let him know that afterall you are paying him and if you wanted a smart ass you would have went to a donkey agility training course, not the gym.

What a little piss ant!!! Make him eat his words, Que! Ahhhh, little boys who think they're men! He still thinks he's invincible. He's got a lot of learning to do.

Get thru orientation and then use US as a sounding board. You only need to be shown instruction on the equipment. After you've got that, your good.

Go get 'em, Tiger!!!!!

treilin said:
. . if you wanted a smart ass you would have went to a donkey agility training course, not the gym.

Dang! There goes the keyboard again! I've got to quit drinking while on the boards!

Que, I didn't realize you were already researching the Shadow Plan until I saw your comments on the summary. :worried: My bad!

Have a good day! :heart:

scorpiogirl said:
What a little piss ant!!! Make him eat his words, Que! Ahhhh, little boys who think they're men! He still thinks he's invincible. He's got a lot of learning to do.

Get thru orientation and then use US as a sounding board. You only need to be shown instruction on the equipment. After you've got that, your good.

Go get 'em, Tiger!!!!!
^^ word for word...

This is a modified Version of Shadow's plan. (Thank you Shadow & Jenscat5 :bigkiss: )

How does this look?

Are there too many sets?

Are there too many reps?

What's a "triple drop set?"

I know that getting the right amount of weight will be the key so I will be starting out light until I have a solid grasp of the proper form for each exercise. I have no intention of getting hurt & proper form is a must. :heart:

Plan for Week of ___________________

Monday: Legs
All exercises: Sets: 4, Reps: 15, 12, 8, 6, Weight: TBD
Leg Press
Stiff Deads
Leg Extenstions
Stndng Calf Raises

Tuesday: Back
Top 2 exercises: Sets: 4, Reps: 8-10, Weight: TBD
Btm 2 exercises: Sets: 3, Reps: 8-10, Weight: TBD
Seated Rows w/Straight Bar
Narrow Grip Pulldown
Pullovers
Reverse Pec Deck

Wednesday: Chest
Btm 3 exercises: Sets: 3, Reps: 8-10, Weight: TBD
Incline DB Press - Triple Drop Set
Incline Flyes
Chest Press Mach
Cable Crossovers

Thursday: Shoulders
All exercises: Sets: 3, Reps: 8-10, Weight: TBD
Machine Press
Side Laterals
Front Laterals
Shrugs

Friday: Arms
All exercises: Sets: 3, Reps: 8-10, Weight: TBD
Cable Curls
Pushdowns
Dip Machine
Kickbacks
Incline Curls

Cardio Plan: **I'm not sure I could handle this right off jump street**
3 Days HIIT Cardio - Run on Incline Tread
Recovery: Bump the speed down, not incline.
10 cycles - 90 seconds Full Tilt - 90 seconds Recovery

Abs: Pick 3 Days Per Week
Day 1:
Superset, Bicycles & Scissors - 5 sets - Hold each for 75 seconds

Day 2: Sets: 3, Reps: 6-8, (TUT=Time Under Tension)
Incline Sit Ups - (6 TUT)
Hanging Leg Raises - (6 TUT)

Day 3: Sets: 3 - Till Failure
Pass the ball - Start on back…arms above head holding a stability ball or med ball Sit up as you raise legs….pass ball to between feet, then vice versa

As for the snot-nosed f*ktard posing as a trainer - I have more time in a chowhall lookin for dirty spoons than that boy has shaving. I assure you that his time will come. :evil:

I don't have time to respond to the whole post right now, but the main thing that is jumping out at me is:

on leg day - do the deadlifts FIRST.

I was so upset yesterday that I forgot to post my food:

Tuesday 03/21/06

*Flintstone Complete multi vitamin. (Go ahead & laugh.)
*Calcium w/D - 600mg/125IU
*Vitamin C – 1000 mg
*Gentle Iron – 28 mg (Iron glycinate)
*ON Whey – chocolate w/2% milk. Between 8-16oz per day, usually in the evening because evening is when I can work out.
**Acetyl L-Carnitine w/Alpha Lipoic Acid – 400mg / 200mg (Won’t start this till ALA is gone)
***Alpha Lipoic Acid - 200 mg (trying to use this one up)
**** Acetyl L-Carnitine - ??mg (I was taking this and ran out. I’m switching to the combo pill)

Breakfast
1 pk low sugar maple and brown sugar oatmeal
48 oz coffee w/splenda & fat free creamer

Snack- Didn't get one due to system issues.

Lunch
12 oz cottage cheese
6 oz Tyson steak strips (these are addicting)
20 oz coffee w/splenda & half & half

Snack
22 celery sticks
2 egg white

Dinner
8 oz Steak strips cooked in water w/garlic powder & MsDash
1 hard boiled egg white (the dog gets the yolk)

Late Snack:
16 oz ON chocolate whey shake.

Target Calorie range: 1580 - 1896
Target Protein range: 158 - 237

Daily totals:
totals for today: Fat: 34%, Carbs: 16%, Protein: 50%
Calories: 1798, Fat (g): 64, Carbs (g): 73, Protein (g): 217

:heart: I will have stayed within my ranges!

(I really need to get to the grocery store)

Wednesday 3/22/06

*Flintstone Complete multi vitamin. (Go ahead & laugh.)
*Calcium w/D - 600mg/125IU
*Vitamin C – 1000 mg
*Gentle Iron – 28 mg (Iron glycinate)
**Acetyl L-Carnitine w/Alpha Lipoic Acid – 400mg / 200mg (Won’t start this till ALA is gone)
***Alpha Lipoic Acid - 200 mg (trying to use this one up)
**** Acetyl L-Carnitine - ??mg (I was taking this and ran out. I’m switching to the combo pill)

Breakfast
1 pk low sugar maple and brown sugar oatmeal
48 oz coffee w/splenda & fat free creamer

Snack
2 egg whites
1 tbsp pnut butter

Lunch
12 oz cottage cheese
6 oz tuna
20 oz coffee w/splenda & half & half

Snack
2 egg whites
1 tbsp pnut butter

**Finished the Gym orientation***
1-17oz container of Muscle Milk, Chocolate (1st time trying this-toooo sweet)

Dinner
4 oz Salmon fillet baked w/seasoning
2 cups green beans (I love green beans.....)

Late Snack:
I have no idea. Usually I have any workout after dinner so the whey shake is consumed at this point. :worried:

I really need to go shopping.........

Depending on what I have for a late snack,(if any) here are the numbers for today:

Target Calorie range: 1580 - 1896
Target Protein range: 158 - 237

Daily totals:
totals for today: Fat: 38%, Carbs: 22%, Protein: 40%
Calories: 1645, Fat (g): 68, Carbs (g): 95, Protein (g): 158

Now, on to the trainer. I showed up 15 min early for my appt.. He came out from wherever he was and said

TR: "Hey you ready to get started?"

ME: "Yes but I want you to show me how the machines work instead of the free weights. I have free weights in the basement and I'd rather start out on the machines so I can concentrate on form and get through the initial soreness phase."

TR: "But I have your routine all mapped out w/free weights."

ME: "So change it. Same body parts just different methods."

TR: "Uh ok" (He was extremely nice, polite and very helpful. Hmmm something is up.)

After he had taken me through all of the machines for his "proposed workout" I went to the locker room and gathered my things to leave. As I was passing the desk I said:

ME: "Thank you very much for all the information, I appreciate your time."

TR: "Hey did I say something last nite that made you mad? Someone told me I did and that you were really upset so I wanted to ask."

ME: "Yes you did."

TR: "I'm sorry what did I say that upset you?"

I told him what he said that upset me, then I said:
ME: "If I hadn't already had it set in my mind to join a gym and do this I would have curled up my fist, remembered not to tuck my thumb and I would have punched you right in your condescending mouth. Don't you ever speak to me in such a disrespectful manner again because I will not be as tolerant next time. I'm not one of your little gym bunnies who's here to be seen. I'm here to loose fat and get in shape by working my ass off and sweating like a pig until I reach my goals. There are 2 ladies that I work with that I almost had convinced that they should come back to the gym and start working out because we could all help each other and when they heard what you said to me they both said there's no way in hell they're gonna walk thru those doors. If the owners would have been in town I would have called every number in the phone book until I reached them, just to let them know how upset and angry I was at your attitude and the way you treated me.

TR: "I am sooooooo sorry, OMG I'm sooooo sorry...."

The 2 ladies behind the counter heard the entire conversation and neither one of them said a word. ;)

:evil: I don't think he'll be giving me any crap anytime soon. :evil:

Top Bottom