Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Que's Journey begins

Monday: 3/20/06

I had stopped supps completely but I added some back today.
My current supplements are:
*Flintstone Complete multi vitamin. (Go ahead & laugh it’s all I have at the moment.)
*Calcium w/D - 600mg/125IU
*Vitamin C – 1000 mg
*Gentle Iron – 28 mg (Iron glycinate) I tend to run anemic & most iron supps irritate my stomach.
*ON Whey – chocolate w/2% milk. Between 8-16oz per day, usually in the evening because evening is when I can work out.
**Acetyl L-Carnitine w/Alpha Lipoic Acid – 400mg / 200mg (Won’t start this till ALA is gone)
***Alpha Lipoic Acid - 200 mg (trying to use this one up)
**** Acetyl L-Carnitine - ??mg (I was taking this and ran out. I’m switching to the combo pill)

Breakfast
1 pk low sugar maple and brown sugar oatmeal
48 oz coffee w/splenda & fat free creamer

Snack
13 celery sticks

Lunch
12 oz cottage cheese
6 oz tuna, water-packed, drained
20 oz coffee w/splenda & half & half

Snack
16 celery sticks

Dinner
6 oz Steak strips cooked in water w/garlic powder & MsDash
1 hard boiled egg white (the dog usually gets the yolk)

Late Snack will be
16 oz ON chocolate whey shake. This satifies my constant desire for chocolate.

Target Calorie range: 1580 - 1896
Target Protein range: 158 - 237

Daily totals: (if I don't change the food plan)
totals for today: Fat: 27%, Carbs: 25%, Protein: 48%
Calories: 1756, Fat (g): 51, Carbs (g): 111, Protein (g): 201

:heart: I will have stayed within my ranges!

If the scale is right I have lost about 5lbs. this last week since re-starting my diet. I know that most of that was water, honey bun, french fry & soda weight and that it probably won't be that drastic every week.

Now I will be changing my diet up a bit cuz I need to add some protein to my snack times and switch out my veggies & meats so I don't get food-bored.

I also get to start going to the gym this week and kickin my own a** into shape. I'm soooooooooo excited about that!

Being the anal-retentive person that I am (most IT people are like that) I printed up my list of fitness goals, what I was doing and where I wanted to go sort of thing and dropped it off at the gym for the trainer to review, hopefully before my orientation on Wednesday. Since we only get 1 hour of his time free.....I'm gonna squeeze every minute out of it! I also have printed the info that the fan-tabulous Jenscat5 ( :bigkiss: ) sent me and I'll have it on hand as well.

I'm so freakin ready! muahhhhhh it's gonna be like bootcamp (USMC) all over again! :evil: (I liked bootcamp.....except for the candy-a** sissy's in my platoon buncha pansies shoulda stayed home.)

Que_66 said:
I woke up to about 3" of snow and it's still snowing. :worried:

/rant
It's still snowing and it's 10:20 am & was supposed to have stopped by now. :finger:

All the systems are acting up because of the weather & I knew what my day was going to be like before I ever left the house. :finger:

Users keep calling me about the system issues that I can't fix but haven't said thanks for the ones that ARE fixed and then complain because I was actually at my desk and not in the server room fixing stuff. :finger: If you'd quit calling me I might actually be able to leave my desk, it's not like this hasn't happened before. :finger: :finger:

Half the IT department is out on vacation because it's Spring Break week here and the others that are missing live out in the middle of BFE and can't get here because of the snow. :finger:

/rant over- thanks for e-listening

The day is calming down....slightly. :evil:

(yes, I made this post to see if my sig works and yes, I AM a dork. :p )

It turns out that I don't have to babysit tonight ( :worried: ) but the good part of that is that the trainer had a cancellation and I get my gym orientation tonight at 6:00pm instead of tomorrow night!

OMG that's 45 min from now !!!!!

que_66 said:
It turns out that I don't have to babysit tonight ( :worried: ) but the good part of that is that the trainer had a cancellation and I get my gym orientation tonight at 6:00pm instead of tomorrow night!

OMG that's 45 min from now !!!!!
Well I got there and we started the orientation. I explained my diet, goals, timeframe, etc.. About 15 minutes into it the appointment that cancelled showed up and was angry because they said they didn't cancel. I get to finish my orientation tomorrow.

Here are some things he said and they are making me question my choices and goals, however, part of me is now questioning what he said. I honestly think he believes what he said to me and I think he's used to dealing with prissy women or teenagers who really don't know what they want or have a personal trainer for status. I don't know, he's kinda young and still in college. I just don't think it was a situation of reverse psycology.

1*He said my goals are not attainable in the time frame specified (timeframe is @90 days & this was the first thing out of his mouth.) :)finger: ) I politely responded "Yes I can..." and before I could finish my sentence he said "ya ok then." :)finger: puk u jr.) (I was gonna say: Yes I can but it's going to be really tough and I'm gonna have to work my ascii off but it can be done.")

2*He said it will take me YEARS of training to reach them and that I should be setting smaller more realistic goals (ie:building up to 30 min cardio 3x wk) for a woman of my age. (Yep, he said that. :finger: :finger: puk u jr.)

3*He advised me that there might be some muscle soreness for the first few days and then asked if I thought I could handle a little bit of pain? ( :finger: )

4*He also said that I wouldn't be able to reach these goals w/o a personal trainer and a nutrionist to guide me and re-itterated that it would take YEARS...... ( :finger: puk u jr.)

5*He said he could give me a basic workout routine that could get me headed in the right fitness direction but anything tailored would require hiring him as a personal trainer and his rate is currently $30 per hour. ( :finger: puk u jr. u get $0 dinero from me.)

6*He said that even if I worked really hard and my diet was "like totally tight" I would never be able to look like some of the figure models I showed him. (I showed him some pics of various competitors and said "I don't wanna look like that one, too manly......this one has nice curves......this one is defined but feminine.....I don't want to compete I just want to feel good when I look in the mirror...blah blah blah......." His response was that I should have started this earlier in life because at my age (yep, he said it again) it really just isn't something I should kid myself about. ( :finger: :finger: puk u & the horse u rode in on jr.)

Maybe he should read my sig:
It's not what you are that holds you back, it's what you think you are not. ~Denis Waitley

:confused:Are my goals so far from reality that I'm just kidding myself? Years just to get in a bathing suit?

:confused: Am I really that fat and out of shape? I wear a freakin size 10 and I have room in them! If I wore a size 22 and sat on my ascii all day eatin ice cream and suckin down coke then I could see the goals being unattainable.

:confused: Am I living in a dream world to think that I might actually be able to wear a bathing suit in public this year?

:kaioken: And WTF is this "at your age" bullspit? I'm 39 and it's not like I need a walker. :finger: :finger:

I'm going to go back tomorrow for the rest of my orientation so I can be shown how to use the machines and make sure I'm using proper form while lifting. I'm going to listen and remain calm during his bouts of condescention. :good:

I'm goin to concentrate on my form for the first full rotation to make sure it's correct before I start adding any real weight. I hope it doesn't take more than one rotation to get it down.

I know that there will be more soreness than normal because I'll be working some areas that I haven't worked in a while, I'm ok with that. Once the initial soreness wears off - BRING IT THE PUK ON and let's get busy cuz I got chit to do and a goal to keep. :bikinimom

(Sorry, I'm a little pissy at the moment and I know there are some typos in there)

I suspect that Sassy will wade in on this, but it sounds to me like the trainer has been trained in the book world, not the body building world, and, like you mentioned, is used to making up programs and dealing with the 'cardio bunnies' and 'pink weight' crowd. (NO relation to Bunny, of course!)

For example, as long as you can 'handle the pain' (and I think you can!) and have no heart issues, 30 minutes of cardio 3x a week will HURT for awhile, but can be done. Same with all the rest.

And, as far as a program, maybe try Shadow's Program from the stickies? Bunny was the test case, I think, and could give some feedback.

Anyway, yah, I think you can do it - maybe you won't get EVERYTHING you want in one challenge (12 weeks) but you'll be starting and you'll DEFINITELY get what you want if you keep at it! Google 'ageless fitness' - it is the website of a mother/daughter bodybuilding duo - MAMA was 58 when she started (not into fitness before that) and over 70 now and won Masters female bodybuilding not very long ago.

Go Que!

Oh dear God.

The pipsqueak is wanting your money, honey. You know what he's saying is BS.

Smile sweetly, don't get mad, get even.

And you know how to do that.

Top Bottom