Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jennifer.B

I was hoping some of you could give me some training advice, with legs. Which is my least fav body part to work out.. I'm happy with everything on my body and how I train them, but legs still need improvement, to my standards at least. My calves are pretty muscular, that's not so much a problem. But my Quads and Hamstrings the most I'm worried about. Their athletic looking but not as muscular as I want them. Nor do i want them to get buldgy and unproportionate to the rest of my body...

So what do you do for Quad/Hamstring work outs?
And do you follow your weight training with legs with cardio, because after doing legs, the stair stepper is a killer..

Thanks!:)

Squats are a must for legs and glutes. If any cardio after - only about 10-15 min. walking on a treadmill just to loosen them up a little.

I do Squats for sure, Thats what I do first when I get into the gym after about 5 mins of treadmill to loosen up my legs. Than after Squats I would go do Leg Extentions. Sometimes ill throw in some Hack squats.. For hamstrings I do the laying down leg curl and seated.. Everything 3 sets of 12

Yea 10-15 mins of cardio after legs seems right..i cant do the full 35-45 mins of cardio after a leg work out.

I noticed Im a lil too short and booby for the leg press...to work properly. =/

Omega whats your leg routine?

Thanks!

Yes Welcome :)

Here it is:

YouTube - Cascada - Evacuate The Dancefloor

A "Black Swan" was thought to be impossible in nature but is.

6b4q7lt.jpg

In philosophy its considered a Highly Improbable yet True Event which Impacts all of our reality.

As Far As an OMEGA Principle of Training, it is one of Three Divergent Ideas that are different then Other parts of our training. The Set Scheme is the same but you up the Level of things with a Higher Intensity with FEWER exercises and with HIGHER reps. The 4th set is not below 10 reps where it is as low as 7 with your conventional sets.

The Leg workout is ONLY 4 exercises but must be done 2 times a week and with Cardio like Intensity. Your legs will develop 80% of what they need

Exercise 1 Legs Presses.

Key Tip: Try to use your Glutes And hamstrings as much as possible, you do this but channeling your energy into the mechanics of the movement. In time your will understand and SEE the results.
You basically push with your glutes first then follow though with Hams and finish at the top with Quads engaging.

Exercise 2 HIGH rep Seated calf raise.

Key Tip: ignore my reps scheme on this one and do 3 sets of 20-25
Focus one pumping Blood in the Muscle.

Exercise 3 Smith Squats THE KEY to QUADS.

Key Tip: Never go all the way down, you do this exercise with one goal in mind: Flexing those quads at the top of the Movement!
Then HOLDING for Half a second at the top then going 3/4th of the way down Harnessing the weight Back up to PEAK contraction again
this alone with Leg Presses will build 90% of all you need.

Exercise 4 Leg Press Calf raises but with heavier weight.( no less then 12 reps)

Key Tip: This is all about the top range. Diamond out those calves at the top of each movement. Dont worry about how low you go, you may only need half range reps so long as peak contraction is had at the top.

THATS IT!:)

Competition time you only need to clean diet up and add Leg Extensions and Hamstring curls for Isolation.

(you may use this Article for Personal USE BUT please don't disseminate it to ANYONE out side of this forum .)

i would do hams and quads on thier own day.

quads
hacks
ext
front squats
leg press
lunges

hams
wide deep squats
butt blaster
SLDL
curls
vertical leg press
press with feet high

i would do hams and quads on thier own day.

quads
hacks
ext
front squats
leg press
lunges

hams
wide deep squats
butt blaster
SLDL
curls
vertical leg press
press with feet high

I prefer splitting hams and quads as well. It is easier to handle mentally and gym time usually goes much faster.

Keep in mind, Jennifer, you will find things you really like that work for you that others may not like, or it doesn't work for them. The only way to know is to try things and keep doing them long enough to know if they work for you or not. For example - there are people who say that isolation work for legs is crap (leg extension namely) - I don't agree with that because isolation works for me. Don't doubt yourself if you are seeing results.

Just like OMEGA said about the cardio on that day - before doesn't work for me like it apparently does for him. It just eats up energy.

i am another one of those that also likes to split up my quad and hammy training!! :)

everyone has listed some great ones, so some of these might be duplicates, but...

quads- squats, narrow leg press, leg extensions, lunges
hams- WIDE stance squats and leg presses, bulgarian split squats, sldl, kickbacks, any leg curl

Top Bottom