Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Q for sassy or other figure competitors:

LadyRaptor

OK...so, I entered my first contest, did everything on my own and got 3rd. I was planning on training hard all winter, and being ready for States and Nationals in '08....you know...pack on some lean beef....

BUT, I hired a coach...who's married to a figure "O" competitor, and he is also a promoter, (hey, he approached me right past #1 and #2 and told me i could be great, yadda, yadda, yadda ). This was 8 weeks ago.... of course, his diet did not sit well with me (well, actually, it was QUITE YUMMY and FILLING) so I am slow to loose the weight....

I've tweaked it yet again, been training like a MAN and busting my ass on the cardio....and I'm still 10lbs OUT from my comp weight of 145lbs (I was 147 in my pics....see....2raptors profile).

Of course, the diet is tweaked again...and I am loosing...but any TIPS on ANYTHING that I can do to get this fat off my ass in time for NOV 3rd??? I'm not caring about winning, but I want to make an impression...and I desperately need the stage time...so I'm doing it. This is really just "prep" for May '08.

THANKS!!

Oh, I know Sassy, you are a BB'er..(and a HOTTIE too!!) but I know BB'ers sometimes have the best tricks...any other lady BB'ers, Bunny? T? Any input is great... thanks

's' (see my first comp pics at 2raptors)

GODS ROT!!! SO there is NO ONE who'd had to crunch to lose some excess weight before a competition? REALLY? Come'on girls! It's Saturday, surely you are just sitting on the computer looking at the EF boards, eating fat-free bon-bons..???

I'm off to see my coach tomorrow...I'd like some input from you pros!! Thanks!!!

Cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, with the exception of some fat burners, and maybe BCAAs if you are already quite lean, 30-45 min, HIIT, intervals, hill or stairs running.

Low intensity is best, walking walking walking, so spend your lunch hours taking a walk, the high intensity training will burn fat, but also take a bit of muscle with it.

THEN also MORE cardio after you train.

What is your diet like?

If you are looking for certain drugs, well I am not the person to ask as I have no experience with anything but OTC fat burners.

Personally I really like

San-Tight
Animal Cuts

Going to try the new BSN one soon, and also currently using SAN - T3 (which is more or less gugglosterones).

x
x
x

T

Maybe I'll try it on an empty stomach...I normally train first thing in the Am...at, like, 5 am! I'm doing HIIT every other day, LSD every day...an hours worth of Long Slow Distance...on a steady incline....at 3mph...

Diet is PERFECT...totally clean...but this is one the coach has me on...it is LOW carb AND low FAT.... I know you can cut one, but not both!!! But he's the boss... I really only have about 7lbs to loose , realistically.

DO you ever wrap your waist/ass/legs/body??? I think the empty stomach cardio routine is something I need to try...

THanks Tatyana... (URso hot, btw!!) ;)

Hey you found you someone to answer your question! Good this is not my area...now if you were training for a triathalon I could help you out LOl good luck!

LadyRaptor said:
Maybe I'll try it on an empty stomach...I normally train first thing in the Am...at, like, 5 am! I'm doing HIIT every other day, LSD every day...an hours worth of Long Slow Distance...on a steady incline....at 3mph...

Diet is PERFECT...totally clean...but this is one the coach has me on...it is LOW carb AND low FAT.... I know you can cut one, but not both!!! But he's the boss... I really only have about 7lbs to loose , realistically.

DO you ever wrap your waist/ass/legs/body??? I think the empty stomach cardio routine is something I need to try...

THanks Tatyana... (URso hot, btw!!) ;)

On average, what are you eating for carbs each day?

Similarily for fat..........

I am doing low carbs right now, usually 3 days low, one day high.

Low carb days

Average carbs- 60 g
Average fat - 90 g
Average protein - 200 g

High carb days
Average carbs - 200 g
Average fat - 30 g
Average protein - 200 g

I eat an average of 1800 kcals/day, however, I do mix it up a bit.

Are you cycling your kcals or eating the same every day?

The body does adapt, it will lower the metabolic rate to whatever you are feeding it, so it is a good idea to mix it up a bit.

My cals have ranged from about 1500 - 2700.

I also don't always stick to three days low, one day high, sometimes I do four days low, one high, one low, one high, then back on three days low for another couple of weeks.

This looks like the diet I was on during my first competition... he's got me on the same foods...but very little fat...maybe 20g.... not switiching it up either. I think next time I'll just do it my way. It's really F'd me up....

Madame Tatyana is spot on with her macro breakdown and the carb-cycling.

I used to compete back in the day and though I dont remember the exact numbers her's look on.

The carb-cycling is VERY important as she said, the body adjusts very quickly so to continue progress you must change it up. Cardio on an empty stomach was also something that was common practise.

You taking any supplements?

Sorry, I don't compete anymore but as I said, the advice given before me is EXCELLENT.

At this juncture you won't be able to add mass (which fills your skin out more giving the appearance of being leaner) but will only continue to lose fat and water while attempting to salvage as much mass as possible.

BIKINIMOM said:
Madame Tatyana is spot on with her macro breakdown and the carb-cycling.

I used to compete back in the day and though I dont remember the exact numbers her's look on.

The carb-cycling is VERY important as she said, the body adjusts very quickly so to continue progress you must change it up. Cardio on an empty stomach was also something that was common practise.

You taking any supplements?

Sorry, I don't compete anymore but as I said, the advice given before me is EXCELLENT.

At this juncture you won't be able to add mass (which fills your skin out more giving the appearance of being leaner) but will only continue to lose fat and water while attempting to salvage as much mass as possible.

This is a little tidbit I picked up from Dave Palumbo, one of the comp prep gods imho.

Women don't have to worry about losing muscle mass when dieting as long as you are taking in enough protein. Just like our body hoards fat, it also hoards muscle

Now how is that for a bit of brain candy :)

I know I messed up my diet last year cause I was looking 'flat' on low carbs and concerned about losing my muscles,especially on my arms.

Now I don't, and I realise that you will not look great in comp prep, if you look fab all the time, you will probably peak too early.

Top Bottom