Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Q about building a V Taper

FlexKitten

I'm trying to build my lats and I'm currently hitting them hard once a week. I'm wondering if I would see better gains if I abused them twice a week? What do you think?

Hi Lobo,
Back day is as follows:
Warm up
3 sets of wide grip pull ups to failure
3 sets of narrow grip pull ups to failure.

3 sets 8-10 reps of the following exercises:
wide grip lat pull downs
narrow grip low row
bent over row

I like to do a few more pull ups if I can at the end.

What do you think? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.Thanks, Flexkitten :)

Hi FlexKitten - your back routine looks good. Do you mix it up every 6-8 weeks or so? Your muscles can adapt easily to the load/exercises you are giving it. I don't think its neccessary to work your back more than once a week personally. But it depends on the effectiveness of your current workouts. Have you tried adding weight to your pullups? Or resistance from a partner on these? Don't forget your shoulders!! If your shoulders aren't developed, your V-taper won't look complete.

You can also try alternating light and heavy weeks...I've had good results with this. You can go every other week or every third week lighter weights, less sets, more reps. Going light gives your body and opportunity to develop more vascular networks (which means more oxygen, better development/recovery on the heavy weeks), also it helps reduce the body's natural tendancy to slough off those little microscopic tears that we get by going heavy and this aids in overall development.

Hey Lobo and skydancer :wavey:
First I'd like to thank you both for your responses.
Lobo,
Are dead lifts different from stiff legged dead lifts? I incorporate sldl on my leg day. I love them!

skydancer,
I see my trainer for a change in my routine every 8 weeks. I've only been at this routine for 2 weeks. I alternate light and heavy workouts with all body
parts at this time with the exception of my back. I've got great shoulder developement and a nice quad sweep but my lats need to be a bit larger . I haven't tried resistance or added weight, great ideas! Current routine definately causes serious amounts of pain, but i'm not sure if that always means that it is effective. Thanks again I'll be sure to try your suggestions, Flexkitten

Deadlifts are great for adding mass and thickness and feel soooo good...go here to see an example.

www.planetkc.com/exrx/Exercise.html

Sounds like you are doing everything right in terms of training. Don't forget the mind-muscle connection! Its more effective than you might think.

Now its just patience and hard work to fine tune it all.

Top Bottom