Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein timing

lawn77

How soon should I be looking to have a meal with protein or shake after a workout? Im not in any rush right?

technically within 24 hours

this idea that you need to run to the protein bar at the gym is something i see the bird chested kids do and it cracks me up everytime. this myth comes from bodybuilders who inject their ass with insulin post workout. are you doing that? then no you don't need protein 'right away'. complete broscience that most guys still believe

The sooner the better but you don't have to be super OCD about it.

The faster you eat something after your workout, the faster the recovery and repair process can begin.

The problem with views is that any studies don't last long enough to show the long term effect. Imagine it made 1% difference. That's not much when so many other things can negate it. However, get the other aspects right and then time the protein every time correctly and slowly the 1% may and should add up.

I just go home and make a meal. If I am not hungry then I just wait an hour or so. Sometimes after a hard workout I really do not feel like eating so I just wait.

Top Bottom