Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein shakes okay?

numeedotses

are protein shakes gonna benefit females? I never see them marketed for females just for males. if not what do you suggest i consume after a workout or pre workout? I want to get good gains too and i'm not sure what women are supposed to take

Women need protein just the same as men, however in either case, protein shakes are rarely actually needed. Most people get more than enough protein in their diets already, and supplementing with shakes is superfluous. If you are actually coming up short on your food intake, they can be a good substitute though. Most anytime is fine to drink them, although I would avoid them pre-workout or right before bed.

piggybacking on what PON said but i'm gonna change what he said from 'rarely needed' to never needed

i've drank 2 protein shakes in 20 years.. both times i dry heaved after. why anyone would put that crap in their body is beyond me. people want to drink something they percieve as yummy while getting the satisfaction of believing it is good for them. neither is correct.

all a protein shake is is powdered heavily processed cheese with sweeteners added. even if you get plan whey protein powder it is still heavily processed. and the kicker is whey isolate is even more processed but pushed as being healthier cause has less fat SMH. the ironic thing is isolate is LESS HEALTHY than concentrate. i cannot think of anything more unnatural

There is really no difference between men and women needing protein. The difference is marketing. Supplement companies will sell way more protein powders to men because men are more interested in getting huge. That allows them to put pictures of jacked guys on the packaging.

are protein shakes gonna benefit females? I never see them marketed for females just for males. if not what do you suggest i consume after a workout or pre workout? I want to get good gains too and i'm not sure what women are supposed to take
They are supplements that can be used to hit your protein requirements but it can be dine with food alone.

Top Bottom