Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein for ladies?

showstopper45

Okay, so question for all of you. I'm thinking about using some kind of protein powder after workouts to help gain muscle (hurray for not waisting lifting time!) because I don't always have access to good meals during that 20-minute post workout period. Dress size loss (not really weight loss, since I don't care about the number on the scale) is also a goal, and I'm wondering if anyone has good recommendations for post-workout protein (shakes or otherwise) for size loss/muscle gain goals? I've seen a lot of good ones out there for the gentlemen, but I'm not sure if they're just as good for ladies as well. Thoughts? Ponderings? Ect?

Quite honestly, I recommend you get your protein from whole foods, and you don't need a shake 20 minutes post-workout. As far as the shakes, there's really nothing different needed between a man or woman. A sugar free whey protein isolate will give you the best concentration of protein with the lowest calories and other fillers if you decide you still want to use shakes.

Yes agreed with the other responses. Aim for grams of protein the same as your body weight in lbs. (150lb woman should have 150grams protein) for strength training and fat loss. The lower fat/sugar/carbs you have, the quicker you will see your definition come in and achieve a smaller waist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the 20 minute post workout window thing is shocking to hear. i thought it was 40 minutes? i've also heard it was 1 hour. and i also heard it was 10 minutes

obviously that is just broscience. the idea that you finish your workout and run to get a protein shake or you will lose all your 'gains' is junk science, made up in the 80's by fitness magazines, you guessed it, trying to sell you protein powder. big shocker there

it just isn't true. the best thing you can do after a workout? stretch and rest so you can recover from the stresser. ironically protein powder is so hard to digest and inflammatory that it will actually INHIBIT recovery !

I suggest getting your protein from whole foods, and you don't need a workout after 25 minutes. As far as sharks are concerned, there is really no need to separate between men or women. A sugar-free whey protein isolate will give you the fewest calories and the best amount of protein, along with other calories, if you decide you still want to use the shake.

Top Bottom