Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein intake.

dmk777

Queen of EF :)
Just a quick question that's been bugging me!
My protein has 21g of protein per 30g scoop so if I'm supposed to take 160g of protein would I go by 6 30g scoops or would I work it by how much protein is in a scoop ? Like 160 #21

ATM I'm taking 6 scoops throughout the day but if I work it the other way that would - 8 1/2.

Donna

Actual grams of protein suga. BUT you really dont wanna depend on shakes for your total protein intake. Adjust your diet so that the bulk of your protein comes from real food. Use the shakes to bump it up to your final number.
Most of the vets recommend not more then 2 shakes per day as a general rule of thumb.
So look to fish in your country.. chicken, turkey, lamb, lean pork, red meat for the bulk of it. Shell fish too as I think it may be pretty cheap there as compared to here and Fresh!

Actual grams of protein suga. BUT you really dont wanna depend on shakes for your total protein intake. Adjust your diet so that the bulk of your protein comes from real food. Use the shakes to bump it up to your final number.
Most of the vets recommend not more then 2 shakes per day as a general rule of thumb.
So look to fish in your country.. chicken, turkey, lamb, lean pork, red meat for the bulk of it. Shell fish too as I think it may be pretty cheap there as compared to here and Fresh!

Oh ok I get that now my diet is all meat anyway chic n steak meals every 3-4 hours bit lf cot cheese celery cold chic ect and oats morning a banana and shake shake midst and on before bed.
So if I'm counting the protein off my meat aswell may b my intakes too high?
As for fish unfortunatly I'm not a fan lol!

6 shakes a day plus other protein does sound high ...we can help ya add it up if you like...give us some idea of how much meat you eat?? You're trying to build some size right now right? or cutting down?

6 shakes a day plus other protein does sound high ...we can help ya add it up if you like...give us some idea of how much meat you eat?? You're trying to build some size right now right? or cutting down?

Hey CG I'm now cutting on a normal day I eat around 200g chic/steak 4 egg whites for my protein then 3 shakes x2 scoops

Thanks CG

Hey CG I'm now cutting on a normal day I eat around 200g chic/steak 4 egg whites for my protein then 3 shakes x2 scoops

Thanks CG

200g of protein for chick/steak would be about 800 calories

4 egg whites would be about 70 cals/ give or take

21 g x 6...126 g from the shakes... 504 calories

plus whatever carbs/ fats you're eating. I'm ballparking of course! but I would say it is a little bit high on the protein side. The actually calories aren't that high but you most likely don't need 300 grams of protein a day. That being said...if it's working and you're seeing results...:)

200g of protein for chick/steak would be about 800 calories

4 egg whites would be about 70 cals/ give or take

21 g x 6...126 g from the shakes... 504 calories

plus whatever carbs/ fats you're eating. I'm ballparking of course! but I would say it is a little bit high on the protein side. The actually calories aren't that high but you most likely don't need 300 grams of protein a day. That being said...if it's working and you're seeing results...:)

Haha you make it look so easy! I normally use fit day but for some unknown reason my app has crashed!
I didn't realise that I was taking whatever protein I ate off my daily need of protein I thought was 150g of protein powder on top of eat I eat lol. What damage can it do? Or do you think if I havnt noticed any problems it's good to carry on?
Thanks for you help!

You want to get your proteins from food as much as possible. That's why a lot of bodybuilders start cutting their shakes and start eating more food when it comes to contest time.

But what I do is that I don't mix my carbs and fats and I take monster V with better protein bars before bed. Just make sure to make the protein bars with calorie free syrup and and if you want some extra protein use power butter PB.

So don't take in carbs before bed...just fats and proteins. ]

If you want to take in some whey protein then I would do it first thing in the morning and post-workout

You want to get your proteins from food as much as possible. That's why a lot of bodybuilders start cutting their shakes and start eating more food when it comes to contest time.

But what I do is that I don't mix my carbs and fats and I take monster V with better protein bars before bed. Just make sure to make the protein bars with calorie free syrup and and if you want some extra protein use power butter PB.

If you want to take in some whey protein then I would do it first thing in the morning and post-workout

Ok thanks for that!! I don't consume any carbs after 6 pm. Power butter I will look that up ..

Thanks.

Yeah I just read up on power butter I like the sound of that as a change to my before bed shake as tbh I do get sick of shake after shake .
Now to hunt some down in the uk!

Thanks

Top Bottom