Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein and bf:/:

Good fats that I like:
almonds
pistachios
extra virgin olive oil
tuna or salmon
avocado
pumpkin seeds
sesame seeds
sunflower seeds

With fats, I use portion control, otherwise it is easy to get a little too many calories in.
With your fish oil, remember that smaller fish are better sources than large fish due to contamination issues.

Hey there , i need to get shot of some bf do you think I should drop my protein intake. I'm currently taking 150g a day may b cut to 100g? I understand it's supposed to be 1.2-2g per kg of lean body (I'm sure I read that on a thread on here) if that's the case I think I'm taking a little to much.
My bf:/: is 21.5 weights 157lbs lean body mass 62.8

Thanks people's any advice you can offer would be great.

Donna

For cutting fat, I've always used the rule of 1 g/ protein per lb of lean body mass. That would put you at about 125 grams of protein per day and because you're trying to build some muscle too, I'd keep it at the 150 g/ day mark for sure.

Sounds like you're on the right track! :)

For cutting fat, I've always used the rule of 1 g/ protein per lb of lean body mass. That would put you at about 125 grams of protein per day and because you're trying to build some muscle too, I'd keep it at the 150 g/ day mark for sure.

Sounds like you're on the right track! :)

Great stuff Cg thanks so much for the input !!

Donna

Hey, what kind of protien are you taking? You shouldnt lower the protien intake but if you can find a protien with less carbs and fat, it may help. For example there is high carb protiens, mass building protiens, wheys, my gf even has this low cal/carb/fat protien.

Hi there! My protein is 24.6g protein
1.8g carbs
0.6 cholesterol
150.0gcalcium
Per 30 g serving

Thanks
Donna

Good fats what are the best foods to get them from almonds I read some-were lol bought a bag today taste good too.

I did as you said higher weight less different exercises felt like I had short changed myself compared to my normal workout but this evening I'm feeling the ache more haha love it!!

Thanks bro

anything with plenty of polyunsaturated fats.

You'll find people disagree with me on the protein intake. I can tell you why as well. Most trainers count all protein when assessing your protein intake and I do not agree with that practice. For purposes of muscle building you want protein with a superior AA profile, and like I mentioned to you in PM, most veggie sources of protein do not have all essential nine aminos. Even the few that do, (quinoa, chic peas), have inferior AA profiles to meat, eggs and dairy protein extracts (whey, casein).

I only count the good stuff, so the protein total is less. Complete protein only, 2g per kilo or 1g per pound of lbm for the natty athlete. If you're gassed up....it depends.

The last recommendation I saw was 0.8g per lb of total weight or 1.2-2g per lean lb...and I agree with Rotten...have to consume complete proteins, which unless you are pretty good at protein combining you just can't get from non animal (you have to know what type of food to combine with others-like dairy with legumes/seeds/nuts/grains etc). Easier to just go for the complete proteins up front :)

The last recommendation I saw was 0.8g per lb of total weight or 1.2-2g per lean lb...and I agree with Rotten...have to consume complete proteins, which unless you are pretty good at protein combining you just can't get from non animal (you have to know what type of food to combine with others-like dairy with legumes/seeds/nuts/grains etc). Easier to just go for the complete proteins up front :)

hey now you're taking us to Protein 201, rather than the Freshman level class. :)

for those of you who are interested in getting good quality protein from source other than meat, eggs, and dairy, there are sites where you can build your own protein powder from combinations of stuff like beans, peas, rice, etc, and eventually get pretty good AA profiles. You just have to drink a greater volume of protein drink, but it works.

Last edited:
Top Bottom