Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pro cheerleader twisted ankle injury

cedrikal

I workout daily and I eat super clean, I am a cheerleader for one of the minor pro leagues in Virginia, lets leave it at that. I was doing a toe touch and fell awkwardly and twisted my ankle really bad. It is big and swollen so I iced it down. have any of you experienced this issue before as an athlete and if so how long do you think i will be down?

of course i have. sprained ankles are tearing of the soft tissues. it doesn't sound like a serious injury but it is. the bad news is how fast you recover is up to you. you want to stay off of it as much as possible. heat helps a bit but you really need to stay off of it. even NFL players who get sprained ankles have to miss several weeks or more. and the more you try and pound it, the longer it takes to come back.

Ankles can be really tricky because there is a big difference between a lower and upper ankle sprain. I recommend seeing a doctor especially since this is your career.

Top Bottom