Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pro-Anorexia websites - wtf?

TulipPrincess said:
where's the line between dieting and getting anorexic? I mean, if you're eating around 1200-1500 calories a day as diets will often suggest, and very likely hungry, but determined to lose weight, aren't you pushing anorexic behavior?
I guess part of it is how much you weigh. If you weigh 120 and are eating 1200 cals a day of the right food......................

TulipPrincess said:
where's the line between dieting and getting anorexic? I mean, if you're eating around 1200-1500 calories a day as diets will often suggest, and very likely hungry, but determined to lose weight, aren't you pushing anorexic behavior?
This has some great info on what it means to be diagnosed ana

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorexia_nervosa

I understand what you are saying and I do feel that such a person may be pushing unhealthy behavior that needs to be addressed.

Interesting read for sure since all of the factors can be found in the fitness world involing Psychological, Emotional, Interpersonal and social, Physiological, Behavioural issues with body image and losing 'weight'

velvett said:
I remember that - if I recall he suggest DNP.

Scary stuff. I know some well known contest prep guys that refuse to use that stuff. Very, very dangerous.

*Bunny* said:
This has some great info on what it means to be diagnosed ana

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorexia_nervosa

I understand what you are saying and I do feel that such a person may be pushing unhealthy behavior that needs to be addressed.

Interesting read for sure since all of the factors can be found in the fitness world involing Psychological, Emotional, Interpersonal and social, Physiological, Behavioural issues with body image and losing 'weight'

That's what I think after reading about anorexia.

Fitday tells me I'm in caloric deficit at 2000 calories per day, and I have to say, that kind of scares me. I'm not sure why: maybe all these anorexia articles and images of Kate Bosworth and others? Women in the media are getting way too thin. It's like a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario.

Fit day is bascially a guide to help you track you foods, caloric output & input... anything made to help can be abused and get a bad name.. just like anything in excess can be harmful.

I do feel alot of it has to do with the behavioral & psychological reasons of what you are doing and why you are doing it in the 1st place. If you are in the right mindset anything is possible.

Everyone will have an opinion and the media is just screaming for headlines.

RE: 2000 calorie deficit, your body is built as a well functioning machine. If at let say, the 1000 calorie deficit mark it realizes that HEY that's too much, YOUR body will respond to it for survival , i.e. maybe storing some of the cals away as fat for food later b/c it's going to munch on your muscle first. So I wouldnt be too scared what fitday says as long as you are properly eating for your activity level, that is the healthy way to do it IMO

Top Bottom