x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals
Sarms for Saleunclez.ru
eudomestic

prepared/processed foods

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about prepared/processed foods within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: Perhaps I should have put this on the diet board, but I'm only thinking of that now (sorry) I keep hearing about the importance of eating whole foods and much of the time I do...my favorite carbs are beans and lentils...should've made my nic "chick pea" because, as they say, 'you are what you eat' However I eat about 80% vegetarian, with a lot of soy products worked in for protein--soy burgers, 'not dogs', chicken substitutes. The ingredient list is very natural, but of course they're

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Amateur Bodybuilder

prepared/processed foods

Perhaps I should have put this on the diet board, but I'm only thinking of that now (sorry)

I keep hearing about the importance of eating whole foods and much of the time I do...my favorite carbs are beans and lentils...should've made my nic "chick pea" because, as they say, 'you are what you eat'

However I eat about 80% vegetarian, with a lot of soy products worked in for protein--soy burgers, 'not dogs', chicken substitutes. The ingredient list is very natural, but of course they're processed/prepared foods just the same. Do these foods fall into the range of no-no's?
    Also is my sugar-free bran cereal a bad choice too? I think of all these as being healthy foods, but I want to do 110% as far as diet is concerned because it's pretty painless for me to do.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    I don't eat any soy as it's hard on my thyroid. But, with any prepared food you're getting a lot of sodium, extra fat, etc. You're really safer getting tofu and fixing it yourself.

I thihk there are food combinations that you can prepare to get the correct protein--Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cookbook is a good resource.

I'd say sugar-free bran cereal is fine. But be aware--if it's "fruit-juice sweetened" or fructose sweetened, you're getting sugar, just the same.

Lots of stuff sold at the health food store isn't all that healthy.

my rule of thumb for buying meals that i don't prepare myself is if there is something on the label that i cannot pronounce or that i don't know what it is/does (or its something i don't want in my diet personally such as sugar, sodium (in high amounts) etc) then i don't buy it....

you are better off preparing your own meals, but if you don't go this route, just find the most 'natural' of the all natural products...