Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pregnant and wants to loose weight

35andfeel19

This is being reposted from the DIET board.

Here is the link for that thread.

http://209.11.101.244/forum/showthread.php?threadid=19367

Please post your replies to this thread

We just found out my Wife is Expecting. Woo Hooo!!!!

Now I (We) have a question. Over the past year and a half my wife has gained some weight. Approximately 30lbs. She was in a car accident and spent about two months not being able to do much of anything except sit and was quite a bit less active because of her injury (Back and Neck).

She is more active now and is wanting to loose this weight.

I'm setting up a routine for her that will include weight training (No Deadlifts or Squats for now) and walking (fast walking) 2 miles 3 times a week.

I'm also going to have her start eating 5 or six meals a day instead of the 2 she eats now (She NEVER eats breakfast).

Do any of you Ladies have any additional info or some incite you can offer her (US) as to how she can drop this additional weight without risking injury to the Baby (Fetus). No Diet suppliments (ECA etc) are being considered.

We will, of course, be consulting with her doctor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The weight training and cardio are great ideas and she should do both as long as she feels up to it. I would not restrict her calories in any way, but it is a good idea to plan her meals so she gets a good mix of proteins, carbs, fats, etc..... Remember she is now the ultimate bodybuilder so make sure she gets 5-7 nutritious meals each day. Avoid junk food and processed foods and stick to whole foods and lots and lots of water.

Other than that, definitely check with the doc and congratulations!

Congrats.

A healthy mom equals a healthy baby. Diet should be fine. Im sure she has so PreNatal Vit's. and Folic acid.

The treadmill sounds good.

The weights sound good, just dont write up a program for her with any type of HIT . As she gets later on in term, maybe throw in some Bands instead.

Good luck

Top Bottom