Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pregnancy question...

Shak

My best friend is pregnant :) and has been having some sciatic nerve problems.

She wants to know if there are any stretches she can do to help her feel better.

Any ideas??

Thanks....

Sooooo important to have strong abs/lower back before you concieve....It'll help ANYONE throughout her term!

Anyhoo...I'm not sure what kind of shape your pal is in(I'll assume she does not train at all?)..Sooo..She can do a simple squatting stretch. Have her balance/steady herself on a kitchen counter or any big piece of furniture.Sqat down and have her hold it there for a minute or so- 10 or more per day- she can raise 'em each week.Pelvic tilts are good too. Lay back on floor,knees bent, feet flat, press the small of your back against the floor while exhaling. Simple and easy.

If she trains already, I'm sure her doctor will give his blessing on a training regime while she's EL PREGO!!!

I wish her and the baby well!

Shak...You are very welcome!

I looked in one of my stretching books last night & found a few more things she can do that can help her a bit more!

I'll stress this: MAKE SURE IF SHE FEELS ANY PAIN OR DIZZINESS WHILE DONIG ANY OF THESE MOVES-MAKE SURE SHE STOPS! I'm sure her doctor and her will have this talk at some point during her check-ups! Please be sure he KNOWS what she's doing!!
HAVE HER TALK TO HIM BEFORE SHE STARTS! I do not know what kinda shape this woman is in. I want to stress she talk to her doctor first! I know..I know..You're not stupid! I just want to be safe ;-)

Simple: Walking..Best damn thing a woman can do while El Prego if she is not into a reg. workout. If she has a place where she can swim - DO IT! Swimming is prolly the BEST form of excerise for soon to be mom's. Where else can you have your body weight supported and have less gravitational strain on your joints? It also uses MANY different muscle groups!

More stretches for her as well:

Dromedary Droop: This stretch relieves the pressure of the enlarged uterus and spine. Have her get down on her hands and knees on the floor. Make sure she keeps her head straight and NECK relaxed and aligned with the spine. Roll the back to make a hump while tighening the ads and butt. Allow her head to drop down. Slowly relax the back and have her bring her head back to the org. position. Have her repeat several times a day- THIS is excellent for pain relief and relaxtion.

Pregnancy is NOT the time to try and loose weight or begin a vigorus excerise routine either.

I want another baby...I envy her!

I'm starting to wonder if sciatic nerve problems arent more prevalent among women than men. I hear more anecdotal accounts about women with sciatica and personally know of only women with it.

My mom has it, my female cousin has it, one of my girlfriends has it. Geez is it just a matter of time before I get it?

anya said:
Geez is it just a matter of time before I get it?

I have my lil glass case with a gun in it all ready and loaded! If you hear glass breaking you'll know I reached that "point". :)

I know of one man who has a problem. My hubby! But..then again, it could have to do with an injury he had when he was 16. He fell from the cab of a Mac truck onto a jack-stand! Go figure he'd have some problems, right?

This is only my experience and I have 3 kids......I always had these problems for the first couple months and once the baby began to move it went away. This happened with all of mine. I don't know if it because of where the baby is placing presure or what,.

Top Bottom