Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre-workout Stretching:

Evil_Frisky

~Show Quality Bitch~
Platinum
Does stretching before a workout increase the risk of injury?

http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0396.htm

There are so many different takes on this subject.

I normally stretch by way of warm up before my first set.. if I feel some tightness in the muscle after my sets I'll stretch a little bit inbetween.
Should I be doing this? Usually its tightness in my quads.. hip area which I've had most of my life from a prior injury.

I never EVER stretch before a workout.....EVER.

think about it:

YOu are stretching a cols muscle sna then asking it to begin contracting...

.....now - during a wo and after is a different dealio

The Shadow said:
I never EVER stretch before a workout.....EVER.

think about it:

YOu are stretching a cols muscle sna then asking it to begin contracting...

.....now - during a wo and after is a different dealio

Makes sense to me.. I was told NOT to stretch before doing my Max Effort Squats and DL's but I would experience some pain in my hips at times. I did notice (if it makes much sense) that I would get more pop when I didn't stretch. Maybe it was all in my twisted head.. but it seemed to work for me.

Wasn't sure If I should be following the same practices for all muscle groups.

Thank ya ;)

I do 6 min cardio to get warmed up. Makes a big difference after sitting on my duff all day before hittin the iron.

I've developed a hyuge appreciation for post wo stretching since I've been dealing w/ the chiro for my lower back. Nice way to come down from the workout adreneline kick, see how all the body parts move and what my range of flexibility is. Seriously 2 weeks ago I couldn't even bend over so much. Now I'm pretty much back to my best range of flexibility. Not quite to what I had when I was practicing karate 3x/week, but nearly there.

Sassy69 said:
I do 6 min cardio to get warmed up. Makes a big difference after sitting on my duff all day before hittin the iron.

I've developed a hyuge appreciation for post wo stretching since I've been dealing w/ the chiro for my lower back. Nice way to come down from the workout adreneline kick, see how all the body parts move and what my range of flexibility is. Seriously 2 weeks ago I couldn't even bend over so much. Now I'm pretty much back to my best range of flexibility. Not quite to what I had when I was practicing karate 3x/week, but nearly there.

For my MA training Stretching was a must.. a full all out session. If I didn't stretch and would try a kick to the head ... OUCH.. intense pain. :worried:

I guess here's the thing about stretching or just starting yoru workout. At some point you are starting cold so you need to break into it somehow.

warmup omn a trad etc...then weights..then stretching

I walk to my gym -- 30 min walk so I count that as my warmup.... then weights.....then cardio....

Top Bottom