Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre-Contest Log: Shredding for the Stage

Today was LEGS. Holy cow.

Squats - 70lbs
Leg press, single leg - 35lb each leg
Forward lunges with 10lb DBs
Lying leg curl - 50lbs
Abductions - 40lbs
Addictions - 40lbs
Calf raises holding 20lb DB each side
50 reps standing free squat
Repeat circuit 3x

Walked out to my car with wobbly legs lol and am definitely going to feel it tomorrow. Awesome burn.

Diet:
Meal 1
3 whole eggs
3 egg whites
50g oatmeal with truvia & cinnamon

Meal 2 (Pre workout)
1 scoop protein
7oz apple

Meal 3 (post)
1 scoop protein
10oz cran-apple juice

Meal 4
4.5oz chicken
2 cups fresh greens
.5oz olive oil and vinegar (dressing)
5.5oz potato

Meal 5
30g protein
50g liquid egg whites
1oz natural peanut butter

Water is around 1.5 gallons so far

Might make some changes tomorrow....been feeling way overstuffed and bloated, as you can see I only did 5 meals, having 2 of those salads had me feeling way too stuffed. We'll see

Girl, keep pushing at the food. You will get used in a bit and you need it. Gotta keep that metabo kickin'....doing great!

Interesting workout today.
Could you tell me a little about the light weights in the work out. I always lift heavy and am intrigued by changing it up.
Are you doing the reps slowly with a great squeeze? No rest between?
I've read your other threads and got the impression that you typically lift heavy.
What do you think about this style? For what goals would you recommend it!
Thanks! I'm enjoying the daily reads and inspiration!

Interesting workout today.
Could you tell me a little about the light weights in the work out. I always lift heavy and am intrigued by changing it up.
Are you doing the reps slowly with a great squeeze? No rest between?
I've read your other threads and got the impression that you typically lift heavy.
What do you think about this style? For what goals would you recommend it!
Thanks! I'm enjoying the daily reads and inspiration!
I'm always flattered to see people come on here/pm me with questions and know that my threads are serving their purpose. VERY flattered. So first of all, thank you! :)

Second...yes, I have always lifted heavy. Got very big in 2011 and was heading towards bodybuilding because of my strength and ability to gain muscle so easily. I was unhappy, took an entire year off of lifting, lost ~7" off my arms, now I'm focusing on lighter weights. Not too light, but nowhere near where I was before. It's definitely a change, but the fact that I'm doing a circuit makes up for it.

When I do these circuits, I do each move back to back with no rest. I only rest at the end of the circuit before starting it again, maybe 30-45 seconds max, unless it's leg day then I give myself a little more time to bounce back.

While doing the exercises, I focus on the negative. Example: today with chest (I'll post here in a bit), I focus on pushing out hard, a tight squeeze, while lowering slowly, then repeat. Today I still can hardly walk, and my arms gave out today while doing pushups.

I definitely recommend trying it, it's always nice to switch it up. I have never done this type of workout and it's completely shocking my body. Im loving it! And as far as my goals, I'm going for a VERY drastic transformation. Lots of weight loss. I have a fair amount of mass still, so I'm thinking by the time I lose the fat around my muscles, I'll be looking nice with the muscle I'm clearly adding on right now.

Don't hesitate asking questions, girl. Ask here or shoot me a pm if you'd like. Glad to have you!

Your goals and mine probably aren't the same LOL!

I love lifting weights, and, for me there is a LOT of ego involved! As a now 44 year old woman, there is nothing like looking across the aisle at a man in his 20s and out lifting and our rep-ing him. I finally dragged my ultra fit marathon running husband to the gym with me 6 months ago. The man is amazing. He started at 6'1" and tried to maintain 165#s if he didn't pay attention, he would drop to 160 and look like a cancer patient. I pumped in full of protein shakes and bars and force fed him while he trained with me. In his first 3 months, he put on over 35# - and its all muscle. BUT when he started I could out-lift him and out endurance him on EVERY body part. When he passed me about a month ago, it really took a toll on my ego! (stupid huh?)

That being said, I have lifted nothing but heavy for 2+ years and I have struggled with fat loss.

I have another older thread describing this struggle, and am now experimenting (under physician direction) with T3 to attempt to reverse all the symptoms of thyroid problems -- particular those problems around the mid-section, which is a DISASTER!

I have done similar circuits - and they just destroy me if I kill the workout --- but I am doing them with heavy weight. I love the burn and the pump afterwards, but I wonder if lightening them up would assist in my trying to drop bf instead of only build mass.

My arm circuit - that in fact I will be doing tomorrow (tonight is legs) looks like this:
Biceps: whole circuit 2X
Seated dumbell curls 10X 20# (each)
Standing ez curl wide grip 10 X 50#
Reverse ez curl narrow grip 10 X 50#
one-armed Preacher curl with negative 10 X 35#
Standing ez curl 21s 1X60#

Triceps repeat circuit 2X
no assist bodyweight dips X 15
Skull crushers 15X40 with straight bar
no assist body weight dips X 15
cable rope pull downs 15 X 70#
no assist bodyweight dips to failure (usually at this stage in the circuit that # is about 17 reps)

Do you struggle with the ego part of it, or are you over that?

I have some great muscles - buried under a nice layer of fat.

The diet is definitely on point -- but I am still only averaging about 1300 kcals per day - but its extremely low carb and high protein.

Anyway -- thanks for being inspiring! If all goes well with some other parts of my path to better looking body, I have even daydreamed about prepping for a show before I turn 50!

The split doesn't look bad to me...kinda similar to what I'm doing actually

As far as ego goes, even when my arms were 18.5" I didn't have a big ego...I'd laugh at the guys coming over to try to lift heavier than me and end up hurting themselves lol but I was never really egotistic about it. Like I said I was very unhappy. I had that size, I'm 5'10" and had very little bodyfat. I was huge!

With this workout I am no doubt gaining a little muscle as I'm burning fat, I can feel it. I'm not lifting super light, but much lighter than I used to, so I will still gain a little.

As far as your diet...you need to eat to gain. Timing your carbs around your workouts is key, you have to give them fuel to grow. Low carb will keep you looking flat and deflated. Even if you are doing low carb, I'd still make sure to time some around your workouts.

If I were you, I'd hit my coach up. He's been great to me and can really help you...not only do they do contest prep, they also do different programs. Might work well for you.

Today was CHEST day.

Bench press - 65lbs
Machine pulley press - 60, 70, 60lbs
Cable fly - 30, 35, 30lb (each side)
Cable one arm press - 30, 35, 35lb
^^ I looked like an intense fighter doing this one, made people stop and watch lol
Push up with hands on bench
Machine fly - 60, 70, 60lbs
Repeat circuit 3x

Great burn. Kept giving out at the end when I was doing the pushups, great feeling

Diet:
Meal 1
3 whole eggs
3 egg whites
50g oatmeal with truvia & cinnamon

Meal 2
1 scoop protein powder
75g liquid egg whites
19g olive oil
300g orange
^^ Class was cancelled so it messed my meals up, made this my Pre-workout meal

Meal 3 (post)
1 scoop protein
10oz cran-apple juice

Meal 4
4.5oz chicken
2 cups fresh greens
.5oz olive oil and vinegar (dressing)
4.0oz potato

Meal 5
Same as meal 3

25min HIIT Cardio

Meal 6
30g protein
50g liquid egg whites
1oz natural peanut butter

Water is around 2 gallons so far

I second kittelmama's thoughts and you are inspiring for me too. Knowing you're working your ass off, makes me more motivated to keep going! So thank you! :)

When I first started training and getting healthy, I did all circuits. The trainer I had then really believed in them. I had a lot of newbie gains but was also probably in the best shape of my life. They would kick my ass now. Ego, for me, comes and goes but anytime I've let it get the better of me, I usually end up injured. My worst gym injury was a result of ego and took months to completely heal. Talk about learning the hard way. :)

Top Bottom