Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post show cleansing diet

Sassy69

On request, here's a post I pulled from a few yrs ago about cleansing diets:

A couple of times when my metabolism has really been bottomed out, I've run a cleansing diet. Yes it is high carb / high sugar (not refined but natural) but its essentially like a front-loading of enzymes. Because of the low calories and mostly-liquid form, I have never run this for more than a week because you just start feeling exhausted because there's only "instant energy" coming from the simple carbs and not much to really run on after a while.

Here's a repost from a diff board when I set up a plan to cleanse & then ease back into "regular" (LMAO --- 'regular' is a relative term to a BB) diet:

I think its a good idea to clean out the system occassionally, especially when you think of all the crap that accumulates in the intestines and also when running a restricted diet such as a bb diet which eliminates most if not all fruits and high sugar vegies. Those things are high in sugar (and thus promote insulin spikes, etc) but they have great enzymes for cleansing that are otherwise eliminated from your diet. Note, if you have been eating garbage for a long time and do this sort of diet, you may get headaches, etc. while the "garbage" is being shuttled out of your body, but afterwards you really feel good. Also not that this really shouldn't be run for much more than a week because of the restricted calories.

So on the suggestion of a friend, I rejuvenated a cleansing diet I did a couple years ago after some wild dieting for competition. I ran this with a "intestinal cleanser" called Oxy-Powder (oxy-powder.com) for the week. This stuff will clean out the pipes but good! For informational purposes, here's the detox diet I followed for 5 days:

Waking:
water + fresh squeezed lemon - this is supposed to "wake up your body"
spirulina + pineapple juice (I used this organic powder stuff from Whole Foods)
EFAs
Multi

Meal 1:
juiced watermelon (throw 2 slices of watermelon in the juicer, rind & all)
(this is also good for reducing water retention)

Meal 2:
brown rice
mixed vegies
1 egg, 5 egg whites

Meal 3:
large salad w/ vinegar & flax oil

Meal 4:
juiced vegetables (spinach, carrots, beets, wheatgress, some cherry tomatoes, green peppers, sprouts - basically whatever was in the fridge)

Meal 5:
miso soup (low sodium)

Meal 6:
fiber drink

It was kind of boring, stayed near the bathroom, would start getting tired because of the low calories, and just trained (no cardio). My training was good, intense but with some weak spots due to some shoulder problems I've been having lately. The result was that I definitely dumped some water weight and I feel better in general. I sleep well & I haven't had a stomach ache since. I'm continuing the OxyPowder for the rest of this week but at the maintenance dose instead of the full-on cleansing dose.

Over the Mother's Day weekend I eased back into a non-cleansing diet by still eating some fruit, still juicing for vegies, but more protein and a little lemon meringue pie for Mother's Day.

After having completed that, my goal is to drop some bodyfat. Currently I"m probably 24% bf, 170. (Eek.) This week, I dug up the diet I used when I first attempted competition with a little modification to continue the ideas of the cleansing diet. For the first 4 weeks or so, I'll be following this:

Waking:
juiced fruit (green apples or watermelon) + spirulina
EFAs
Multi

Meal 1:
1/2 c oatmeal
1 1/2 scoop protein mix

Meal 2:
4 oz chicken
1/2 c brown rice

Meal 3:
Protein shake

Meal 4:
4 oz chicken
vegie salad
3 oz sweet potato

Postworkout ("Meal 5"):
Protein mix + 3 strawberries

Meal 6:
4 oz lean meat
vegies (this ends up being juiced vegies)

Meal 7 (if needed)
1/3 c tofu + 1 scoop protein mix or protein shake
=========================
about 1750 cal (excluding the morning juice - this will stop in a week)

Training:
M: chest + tris + abs, cardio
T: back + bis, cardio
W: legs
Th: cardio
F: shoulders + abs, cardio (if i feel like it)

Sorry to boost an old thread but some information is timeless.

If I added about 1/2 a banana here and there could this work to keep blood sugar regulated during the cleansing week and the days following the cleansing?

Would it be effective if the Oxy Powder wasn't used?

That product scares me a little since it converts solid matter to gas, I could get fired for making toxic clouds at work........... :worried:

I was thinking of adding the banana because it takes longer to digest.

que_66 said:
Sorry to boost an old thread but some information is timeless.

If I added about 1/2 a banana here and there could this work to keep blood sugar regulated during the cleansing week and the days following the cleansing?

Would it be effective if the Oxy Powder wasn't used?

That product scares me a little since it converts solid matter to gas, I could get fired for making toxic clouds at work........... :worried:

I was thinking of adding the banana because it takes longer to digest.

You can easily go w/o the oxy powder. I SERIOUSLY recommend doing that ONLY if you can GUARANTEE being w/in 10 ft of a bathroom at all times.

I'm sure you can add in other stuff - but I think the point is to stick w/ the fast digesting stuff and clean out everything. Meaning if you are going to do a cleanse, do a cleanse. If you start modifying a lot, it isn't really a cleanse any more. But I suppose you can do graded approaches to it as well. You may not get the "optimal" result, but you may be ok w/ that too.

Top Bottom