Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

post-anorexia weight gain

emmab

I know that when someone has an eating disorder and loses tonnes of weight, that almost half of this is muscle. I am wondering if there are any stats for what percentage of weight regained in recovery is fat/muscle. I used to be 35kg (gasp shock horror) and am now 50kg, with a bf% of 23, which to be honest surprised me as I am fairly slim (165cm tall). I hope my regained 15kg is at least partly muscle. I only started lifting 2 months ago, so maybe upping the muscles will cut the bf%

It is very difficult to gain more than 1lb of muscle per month if you are not on AS. Some of the weight you gained will be water, increased glycogen stores in muscle plus some fat. This is OK since you need to convince your body it is not going to starve again, then your metabolism will speed up to normal again. Lifting heavy will help you firm up, get stronger and increase your metabolism even more. Just make sure you are getting enough protein and fuel to train hard and everything will be OK.

Top Bottom