Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Possible Thyroid problem....Please help

nsashbl01 said:
HT had the same issue years ago. She was runnning 50 miles a week. Doing marathons, etc. But was skinny fat and gaining. She had 22% bf! She then slowly learned to eat clean and use good carbs. She slowly cut the cardio and weight trained more. I don't think she's been over 8-10% bf since. It took her a long time to learn, but she eventually figured it out. She also has a thyroid thats off the charts low. She just needed to gain muscle, eat, and stop all that crazy cardio.

P.M. her, she can maybe help with her experience.....
HT is who I though of as soon as I read his post. :)

How is you blushing bride? We miss her around you. :heart:

Thank you so much for the advice. Could someone give me an example of what she should eat in one day? Also, about the thyroid symptoms...she has quite a few of the ones listed.fatigue, exhaustion,depression,feeling run down and sluggish,unexplained or excessive weight gain,feeling cold, especially in the extremities(this one especially),constipation(graphic but sometimes 2 days between movements and in her words "like little rocks"),muscle cramps(she assumes because of the running). One other thing she complains about is sporatic hair growth. Thanks again for all of the help.

*Bunny* said:
Shadow ... curious as to why #2.

Please 'splain. High carb with better carb selections than she's been eating?
BUMP^^

Ok if not Shadow can someone please explain this to me :)

Great post Sass...

*Bunny* said:
Shadow ... curious as to why #2.

Please 'splain. High carb with better carb selections than she's been eating?

There is a direct link between carb intake and:

Thyroid levels

Cortisol levels(which are an issue - Im betting)

The Shadow said:

Thyroid levels

Thank you :)

I by no means want to write off these symptoms as something to blow off, but my question, could all this running & poor food choices (granted there are worse) affect the thyroid function even IF a problem does not exist? And cause a false reading?

Just curious...

The Shadow said:

Thyroid levels

I agree here. When HT ran and didn't eat ike a runner, (high carb) her thyroid was low and her cortisol was very high. Likely due to stress on the body that needs to eat muscle for energy because there are not enough carbs.

What worked for HT was to up the protein and cut the cardio. If she insists on cardio, up the protein and the carbs. (complex only, no bars)

*Bunny* said:
Thank you :)

I by no means want to write off these symptoms as something to blow off, but my question, could all this running & poor food choices (granted there are worse) affect the thyroid function even IF a problem does not exist? And cause a false reading?

Just curious...

Certainly.....

It happens ALL THE TIME to fitness and bbers when they follow a zero carb diet for any amount of time....thyroid(fat burning) levels drop. It why I preach all the time about cheat meals here and there.

Throw in a lot of running(ala my girl Treilin) and you have a recipe for a lowered thyroid output AND ramped up cortisol.

Ms 24 K might post in here on the effect of lowered carbs. She added in a compound specifically designed to counteract the lowered carbs and she responded almost immediately.

Let's not complicate matters - there are two issues:

Diet

Level of activity

As nsash stated above, it's a very parallel issue, high cortisol and a whacked thyroid.

Solution:

make dietary adjustments

make activity level adjustments

.......note - the FIRST thing I suggested was getting a blood panel however.

Top Bottom