Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please read..regarding GYN visit..

esteveze

I just came back from my Gyn. I told her I was interested in the IUD. She told me she had the "paragard or Copper t 380A". She explained to me that the copper T releases hormones call "progestine"?, and It has to be replaced every 10 years.
Girls ?? I have been reading and doing my research about the IUD's. I read that there is a new copper T for 12 years.
I told my gyn this and she told me "NO" this is it. She follow by saing there is only 2 IUD. Copper T and Progestaser.
The only warning she gave me was: "I need to have only one sexual partner." If more than one I will be at risk of STI.
Then she just the a routine exam.
I understand that she knows me clinically talking, since I have been her patient for 7 years now.
My question to you ladies is:
1) should she have talk to me more in detaild about IUD's???
2)explain the risks???? etc..etc..etc.
I do not know anymore...I swear there was and IUD for 12 years out in the market. Not to mention that the is one which does not realese hormones.....
help...please.....
She wanted me to schedule and appointment as soon as I got my "monthly visit"(if you know what I mean by that), But i am not sure anymore.......H E L P!!!!!

Yes..thank you for the link....
My doctor swears that they are hormonal.
Hummmmm.. I was pleased with my doctor until now....dammm
That the question arrises..shoul I look for a new one???\
Also I just call my insurance and the cover everything EXCEPT the devise itself..UHGGG?
Girls keep inputting your opinions...
Thanks

Spatts is totally right, an IUD is absolutely not hormonal. Seriously, think about seeing a different dr. Good luck.

spatterson said:
Many IUD's release hormones. This one, however, does not.
I am aware of that. I made emphasis to her that the paragard is the one that has no hormones.
Oh well..after this incident I no longer trust my gyn......time to look for someone else....

They work by irritating the linning so that the egg cannot attach to the womb after it has been fertilized.

Top Bottom