Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please help...want to lose weight

hmk214

Hey my name is Heather and im new to EF. Im 18 years old i weight 130 lbs and im 5'2. I have a slight muscle build, my body fat percent is around 19%. I no its hard to spot treat to lose weight. Most of my fat is in my abdominal area. I was just wondering what supplements would be good to lose 5-10 pounds? Thanks!!!!

<33 heather

hmk214 said:
Hey my name is Heather and im new to EF. Im 18 years old i weight 130 lbs and im 5'2. I have a slight muscle build, my body fat percent is around 19%. I no its hard to spot treat to lose weight. Most of my fat is in my abdominal area. I was just wondering what supplements would be good to lose 5-10 pounds? Thanks!!!!

<33 heather

Hi Heather,

Welcome to EF:). I'm a novice as well but I've been following the Shadow Project...it's layed out in the stickies above and there are some journals of the ladies here who have been on the plan with extraordinary results.

I can tell you I've learned that a proper diet with HIIT cardio and Weight training will help you burn fat. A wonderful member here, Ilk, also suggested a supplement called YOHIMBURN ES...it's a great topical fat burner which truly does ASSIST in fat loss along with proper nutrition and training. There are two threads regarding YES. There are other supplements which I'm not sure of but some of our members have used these and can offer advice on.

Good Luck, Heather:)

Hi Heather :) Welcome to EF.

For all intents & purpose, there's no such thing as spot reduction - its not that its hard - its just not doable. When you drop bodyfat you drop it proportionally across your body, not just where you want to lose it. The areas that look like they are the last to go are where you have a greater concentration of fat cells. Therefore if you lose 2% bf across your body it will be more apparent in the places you have a smaller fat cell concentration. The solution is to just continue your diet & training and not get frustrated - but make sure what you are doing is completely optimized for your goals.

Can you post up your current diet & training regimen in detail and we can find some ways to optimize it for you. e.g

Meal 1: 8 am
1/2 c oatmeal
2 eggs +1 egg white

Meal 2: 11 am
4 oz chicken
2 c spinach
1 tbps vinegar & oil

And your training - what you train,. how much, how often and also how long you've been training - i.e. how much experience you have w/ trainingm & cardio.

hmk214 said:
I was just wondering what supplements would be good to lose 5-10 pounds? Thanks!!!!
<33 heather

Supplements=Diet & Exercise. 5-10 lbs is not much.

hey guys...heres a gym routine: i go to the gym at least 5 times out of the week.... i do about 45 minutes of cardio those 5 days and then also i work out a muscle...so like monday ill do 45 minutes of cardio and chest for example, tuesday cardio and abs, wed, cardio and triceps friday cardio and back and saturday cardio and shoulders. I am in college so it is really hard to be on a strict diet, but i watch my cal intake and what i eat. I eat pretty healty foods. Thanks guys!!!
<33 heather

Welcome Heather :) Like the other said diet and training 5-10 lbs is so do able just need to get those in check.

Its actually the diet that is the most important - I understand that you have limitations w/ your time & resources for a diet but if you can list very specifically a typical day's diet we can help optimize. Its important to get an idea specifically of what you are eating if you want to get to your goal -- see here's how it works - your body, as it is today, reflects your lifestyle - how you eat, what you eat, when you eat, what you do for activity and the quality of your stress level / recovery time. Lots of people say that they "eat healthy" - that's fine but the fact that you are not satisfied w/ your body as it currently is indicates that "I eat pretty healthy foods" as you do now is not getting you where you want to go. Its a really good and very illuminating exercise to list your foods - even if just for a "typical" day, put them in a food counts program like www.fitday.com to see REALLY what you are eating - how much - total cals, and the macronutrient breakdown - % protein, fats, carbs you are eating. You may not be eating enough, you may be eating too many carbs, not enough carbs, not enough protein, not enough fats. If you don't look at what you are eating and optimize it, you won't get to your goal.

Which brings me to your other question -- there are no miracle supplements that will make the difference if you don't first look at optimizing your diet and training. Despite what "other people you know" or the chick in the commercial for whatever "fat burner" says, there are no quickie fixes. So every response you get here will be look at your diet first.

And just so you know - we're not requesting that you spend time looking at your diet because we want to make your life miserable doing this tedious listing of foods or tryign to get in your shit -- we've all come from the same standpoint -- the media tells us this or that supplement will make you "lose weight and get lean". But its all bullshit. Your body responds to how you fuel it so fuel it for how you want it to respond. Worry about the supplements later. Frankly that's another experiment in itself - not everyone responds to any particular supp the same way -- especially the 'fat burners' -- some will give you raging headaches, make you feel sick or strung out and others will give you just the kick you need to have a killer work out or make it thru that cardio session. So its sort of up to you to spend money & see which ones work best for your body - no one can suggest one and guarantee that it will work for you and also that it will make you 'lose weight & lean out".

Focus first on the diet - its easy and cheap to do and also just listing it all once gives you a much better idea of what exactly you are doing. No supp will fix the fact that you may not be eating enough of the right stuff to support your activities and your body is simply responding exactly to what you are giving it to respond to.

Another comment you may get is to change up your cardio -- 45 min 5x/week -- that might be an issue that your body needs a break from it, has acclimated to that already, maybe change the type & intensity of cardio you do, etc.

i no its hard to read sorry.... i copied it from that website....
this isnt the best but sorry... could anyone maybe give me a good diet to follow... thats not so stict because of my time and avialabilty... thanks

Today's Foods
Food Name Servings Serving Size Cals Fat Carb Prot
Apple, raw cup, NFScup, quartered or choppedcup, slicedoz, with skin, yieldscrabapplelarge (3-1/4" dia) (approx 2 per lb)medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb)ringslicesmall (2-1/2" dia) (approx 4 per lb)thin sliceQuantity not specified 65 0 17 0
Peanut butter tablespoonQuantity not specified 95 8 3 4
Water cupfl oz 0 0 0 0
Granola bar, nonfat barQuantity not specified 142 0 33 3
Chicken, breast, with or without bone, stewed, skin not eaten cup, cooked, dicedoz, boneless, cooked (yield after sk...oz, boneless, cooked, skinlessoz, boneless, raw (yield after cooki...oz, boneless, raw, without skin (yie...oz, with bone, cooked (yield after b...oz, with bone, cooked, without skin ...oz, with bone, raw (yield after cook...oz, with bone, raw, without skin (yi...cubic inch, boneless, cooked, skin r...breast quarter (yield after cooking,...medium slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/4")thick slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 3/8")thin slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/8")large breast (yield after cooking, b...medium breast (yield after cooking, ...small breast (yield after cooking, b...Quantity not specified 202 4 0 39
Bread, pita large pita (6-1/2" dia)medium pita (5-1/4" dia)small pita (4" dia)Quantity not specified 124 1 25 4
Tomatoes, raw cup, cherry tomatocup, chopped or slicedoz, raw, yieldsItalian tomatocherrylarge whole (3" dia)medium whole (2-3/5" dia)medium slice (1/4" thick)plum tomatosmall whole (2-2/5" dia)thick/large slice (1/2" thick)wedge (1/4 of medium tomato)thin/small sliceQuantity not specified 19 0 4 1
Salad dressing, KRAFT Ranch Dressing tablespoons 74 8 1 0
Crackers, wheat, sandwich, with cheese filling ozsandwich cracker 139 7 16 3
Water cupfl oz 0 0 0 0
Turkey or chicken breast, prepackaged or deli, luncheon meat cup, wafer slices or shavedslice (1 oz)slice, NFSQuantity not specified 31 0 0 6
Bread, whole wheat, 100% large sliceregular sliceslice, crust not eatenthin sliceQuantity not specified 138 2 26 5
Chicken, breast, with or without bone, stewed, skin not eaten cup, cooked, dicedoz, boneless, cooked (yield after sk...oz, boneless, cooked, skinlessoz, boneless, raw (yield after cooki...oz, boneless, raw, without skin (yie...oz, with bone, cooked (yield after b...oz, with bone, cooked, without skin ...oz, with bone, raw (yield after cook...oz, with bone, raw, without skin (yi...cubic inch, boneless, cooked, skin r...breast quarter (yield after cooking,...medium slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/4")thick slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 3/8")thin slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/8")large breast (yield after cooking, b...medium breast (yield after cooking, ...small breast (yield after cooking, b...Quantity not specified 42 1 0 8
Broccoli, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt large stalk (11" - 12" long)medium stalk (7-1/2" - 8" long)small stalk (5" long)spear (about 5" long)cup, chopped 66 1 12 7
Water cupfl oz 0 0 0 0
Totals 1136 33

hmk214 said:
i no its hard to read sorry.... i copied it from that website....
this isnt the best but sorry... could anyone maybe give me a good diet to follow... thats not so stict because of my time and avialabilty... thanks

Today's Foods
***Insert Train Wreck****
The things you trully want you make tme for. If you are looking for a good diet go to the stickies at the top and find Shadows plan very good plan and simple to follow.

Top Bottom