Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please discuss Lyle McDonald's "The Ulimate Diet 2.0"

*BB*

The program involves cycling diet and types of workouts to achieve desired results. The changes in diet and exercise are important and everything is incorporated to achieve certain reactions at the cellular level. Alot of the info was improved on by Lyle and is a tribute to Dan Duchaine's books "Ultimate Diet" and his "Bodyopus". Any reviews or results with the program, please discuss here.

Hey BB...I've read this book a couple of times. I really like Lyle because he's a no bs kind of guy and tells it like it is. His programs are based on research and science and he seems to be willing to update his knowledge as he goes and challenges a lot of the "old school" myths. I have known a few people who have done the UD2 and had really good results but they were generally starting out lower bf already and going into the single digits.

The thing I didn't personally like about the diet is that it is very prescribed and there is not a lot of room for flexibility (which is also why it works lol) but my life and schedule are such that it would be difficult for me to do this type of program. The low days would suck but the carb loads would be amazing!

Similar feelings here. I am a firefighter, work a 24hr on 48hr off schedule. I use my work days as cardio only days since I can't guarantee a decent weight training day. Never know when we have to run out~ we're pretty busy. Anyway, I wanted to try this because I have quite a bit of body fat to lose (10%+) but there's no way for me to follow the prescribed workouts. I've been looking all over for a modified version or if I could just continue with my split as it is (and just suck up the loss of energy) and still lose fat. I'm currently on 10mg anavar am and 10mg winny pm with acceptable albeit minimal strength/muscle gains. I'm also taking 50mcg t3. I've been in ketosis for 5 days now, but am stuck. I'm worried if I can't follow the workout as written the carb up day will be worthless or much worse catastrophic. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
My current diet is 30-40% protein, 60-70% fat and incidental carbs from sources like nuts and egg whites. I feel pretty good until about halfway through weights where I start to get real tired. and I'm sweating like crazy now more than ever.

I have read thru UD2 and partly his rapid fat loss. I know he mentions that to use the UD effectively you must have reach a certain BF% already. I think its less than 15% for men and 24% for women. I think i might start out on the rapid fat loss after really thinking about it and progress to the UD when i achieve cat1 status less than 24%. I also have the Rapid Fat Loss pdf if anyone wants to check that one out too.

I used to spend a fair amount of time on Lyle's site. I've summarized some of his ideas on fat loss and protein in this forum, credited to him of course.

Regarding diet, I have in the past used IF to tremendous effect. My experience exploded the myth of frequent protein intake to maintain skeletal muscle. I went for over a year w/o any food at all for the first 5 hours of my day and never lost a single pound of muscle. Ended up quite lean (~15%) w/o any cardio at all. Modest cardio and I've would've been freaky ripped.

Top Bottom