Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Period and weight

Sassy69 said:
That will show you the change in weight over the course of the day.... (unless you want to get up in the middle of the night & weigh....)

I go up 5-8 pounds in just a day but during my period it just stays :rolleyes:

I think I have the some problem like ck2006 said, I gained almost 10days ago 4 pounds, today is it 5 I'm waiting period and than after period I can keep my weight for 2 week than again, that's not fair. Even I use Lasix every other day and it doesn't help!!! :worried: :worried:

sasa said:
I think I have the some problem like ck2006 said, I gained almost 10days ago 4 pounds, today is it 5 I'm waiting period and than after period I can keep my weight for 2 week than again, that's not fair. Even I use Lasix every other day and it doesn't help!!! :worried: :worried:

I also have to watch, a week before because carb cravings like a mad woman, sometimes I will give into them not even realizing why I am having them. But now I am really careful to watch that.

I also have a low thyroid but not low enough to go on medication, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. My family has a history of being obese,and thyroid issues and I am talking 400 pounds obese so I really have to watch it the more I get older.

What is Lasix?

One thing to think about is WHAT do you eat in the days leading up to your period. SOme women get cravings for certain things - often salty things. Even extra added salt to your regular foods.

If you add more salt to your foods, and keep water the same - voila - water retention. That extra salt will cause EXTRA water retnetion - leading to more "weight gain".

One thing to do - if you KNOW you retain a lot of water around that time, PLAN for it an decrease salt intake and increase water intake.

Agreed - there are many different reasons why your body's water weight changes and none of them can be selective blamed or 'controlled' - the salt content & carb content. Also consider some women may eat more during their period - for a way to handle the emotional rollercoaster or whatever - and a sudden load of 'comfort food' can cause water retention as well as fat increase. The water weight is expected hormonally as well. Also amount of fiber in your diet - might be just more bloat.

I think I would be very careful about trying to manipulate water w/ Lasix etc unless it happens to be a prescription you are using for an established health issue. (Just a comment.... the more you try to force manipulation of the way your body is, the more your body may be fighting you and you are still missing the real cause of it - if its a hormonal thing, is it related to your birth control or could you go on birth control to control your normal hormonal response? Do you need to clean up your diet, adjust your carb amounts / fiber amounts / water amounts / salt amounts / fat amounts? Are you stressed out? Do you regularly drink alcohol?

etc etc etc

The weight fluctuation is why I don't bother weighing myself anymore. I can go up and 5 pounds in the course of a day and more right before and during my period. It's too depressing. I'd rather see how my clothes fit during the two weeks after my period or take a tape measurement.

ummmmm...

Ladies

Since we ARE talking about water retention, that time of the month and Lasix et al.

You guys know that Lasix and other loop diuretics will have ZERO affect on estrogenic related water retention right??

The Shadow said:
ummmmm...

Ladies

Since we ARE talking about water retention, that time of the month and Lasix et al.

You guys know that Lasix and other loop diuretics will have ZERO affect on estrogenic related water retention right??

that's pretty interesting...

I assumed water retention was water retention - no matter what the cause or cure.

:nerd:

so. clue me in on the differences. please.

ck2006 said:
I find sometimes a whole week before I am 8 pounds heavier, during it comes off slowly. Then I am good for two more weeks, and then I am 8 pounds heavier and then it comes off again.

I am exactly the same way.
Oddly enough I have not had an actual period in some time but the other symptom have remained. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom