Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Perception of fitness

New to this forum but I could've written this entire thread lol. My 'best' friend (who's bf trains with my PT!) couldn't be bothered to show up for my FIRST ever competition. I almost made it a point of avoiding family members during my contest prep just so I wouldn't have to explain why I was toting my own food and why I wouldn't eat with them, but an hour later be heating up my chicken & green beans :rolleyes:
The ol' man..well, he supported me (sorta) throughout the bulking & then the contest prep. I didn't involve him at all in my diet or training or ask anything of him (except help with the ProTan :) ). He said he was proud (with a whole lotta but's attached) ... his first question the morning after the show while I'm eating my oatmeal/protein powder brekkie...'So, when are you going to start eating normal food again and stop working out?' WTF!?
I simply said, these are the foods I like and left it at that but as far as working out now, I do it in 'secret'. He works night-shift so I'm up at 4:30 am to lift & cardio before he comes home. I'm all for compromise & relationship give & take but don't get between this chickie & her iron!!

Miss THD said:
'So, when are you going to start eating normal food again and stop working out?'

Haha, my hubby thinks this way too. He thinks after my comp, I'm just gonna start eating crap and not work out anymore. Boy does he have another thing coming!

Ya know, the whole time you're workin your tail off, running like forest gump, lifting like Arnold, and what not........THEY DO NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN!!!!!!!! But yet, the minute you start to gain weight, (of course because of all the complaing, you decide to compramise...lol)they get the "wondering eye".....WTF!!!!......Ya can't have it both ways sweetie!!!!!!!!

fmorrow6 said:
Ya know, the whole time you're workin your tail off, running like forest gump, lifting like Arnold, and what not........THEY DO NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN!!!!!!!! But yet, the minute you start to gain weight, (of course because of all the complaing, you decide to compramise...lol)they get the "wondering eye".....WTF!!!!......Ya can't have it both ways sweetie!!!!!!!!
LIFT OR GO HOME!

Hello! I'm new to this forum and so glad to be reading this thread. I got feed up with my thin but not muscular body about 9M ago and made a commitment to myself to clean up my diet and begin regular weight training. I love it and feel and look better than I ever have (I'm 35). I have had all the same experiences mentioned above. I believe it comes from the average woman being so insecure about her own body that she must make negative comments about women in fitness. I have an inspiration pic up on my frig and my own mother said it was 'unrealistic' I am glad to have found this site and look forward to all the great insite and advice!!

My friends at the gym say" your doing another comp' and roll their eyes or ask me when I'm going to take a break. I ignore them or say Yes I am, and smile. then I put on my headphones. I really don't try and explain why or what I do to anyone. The ones that shake their heads are flabby and on Atkins diets. My husband is my biggest fan and motivates me to keep going, I guess who needs friends that don't support what you do.

Top Bottom