Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

People make my head hurt.

Daisy_Girl

Plat Hero
Platinum
SO I lurk/occasionally post at a site with a lot of different forums. The community is 99.9999% women. I look at the Baby/Parenting sections mostly. For shits and giggles, I went to the "Health and Fitness" forum tonight, just to see what was going on.

It makes my head hurt so badly. I feel so sad for most of the women there. They are going to be stuck in an endless cycle. Sometimes I feel like I should step in and "srt them straight" but I know that I would just be spinning my wheels. Most of the women there are of the "weights make you bulky" or "I can eat all the low fat foods I want" mindset. Or they think endless cardio is the way to go.

Case in point .... Here is a post:

"Mon.-15min. cardio/weight (only using body weight) cross training routine and 15 min. upper body weight (w/5lb dumbbells)

Tues.-30min. run from the Couch Potato program

Wed.-15min. cardio / upper body weight routine from Mon., 15min. Pilates

Thurs.-30min. run from the Couch Potato program

Fri.-15min. cardio/weight (only using body weight) cross training routine and 15 min. upper body weight (w/5lb dumbbells)

Sat.-30min. run from Couch Potato program, 15min. walk, I also do the same 15min. cardio weight routine from Mon.

Sun.-30min. walk (sometimes I add hills), 15min. pilates

I really do only have 30min. to workout during the week, which is why I decided to workout everyday, if my body will let me, and workout for a little longer on the weekends. I just started to follow the WW points program, but I have an aweful problem w/eating bad food! So I do tend to go over the points I'm alloted, and it's by eating stuff I shouldn't be. I'm trying to work very hard on that, so when I do get that down, do you think my workouts are enough? I'm trying to drop about 10-15lb., mostly in the thighs and belly!"

*SIGH* :( It makes me sad.

Its kinda like paying to go to a Weightwatchers meeting where you listen to 40 fat women bitch about eating for 2 hrs. You seriously want to shoot yourself in the head.

I think women who consider 5 lb weights a valid part of a workout need to be kicked in the ass as their newborn that they hauled around for 9 months on the inside and now on the outside weighs more than that. Somehow that isn't considered "a workout" but 5 lb weights is. I will continue to tell them "If you flap hard enough you might actually take off..."

I will step down from the soapbox before I go off in full force. I have no patience for women who are scared to leverage their God-given muscle and power to the potential that it has. They are self-screwing and don't even know it. And that's how you get to be a 40 yr old mom w/ an ass the size of a barn, fat kids and a future ridden w/ Type 2 Diabetes. What an awesome way to prepare yourself to be a loving grandmother to your fat kids' beautiful uber fat kids. You'll be lucky if you are around for their kindergarten graduation, or at least not hauling in your walker & oxygen tank.

I deal with this at work, deprogramming women who have become terrified to eat... terrified to sweat, terrified to lift weight.. so sad. They are so obsessed with being thin (90% of my clients) they were starving themselves fat. or overeating FF bs food... it is sad, but it feels good to show them there is a solution... there is a light!!

Daisy_Girl said:
SO I lurk/occasionally post at a site with a lot of different forums. The community is 99.9999% women. I look at the Baby/Parenting sections mostly. For shits and giggles, I went to the "Health and Fitness" forum tonight, just to see what was going on.

It makes my head hurt so badly. I feel so sad for most of the women there. They are going to be stuck in an endless cycle. Sometimes I feel like I should step in and "srt them straight" but I know that I would just be spinning my wheels. Most of the women there are of the "weights make you bulky" or "I can eat all the low fat foods I want" mindset. Or they think endless cardio is the way to go.

Case in point .... Here is a post:

"Mon.-15min. cardio/weight (only using body weight) cross training routine and 15 min. upper body weight (w/5lb dumbbells)

Tues.-30min. run from the Couch Potato program

Wed.-15min. cardio / upper body weight routine from Mon., 15min. Pilates

Thurs.-30min. run from the Couch Potato program

Fri.-15min. cardio/weight (only using body weight) cross training routine and 15 min. upper body weight (w/5lb dumbbells)

Sat.-30min. run from Couch Potato program, 15min. walk, I also do the same 15min. cardio weight routine from Mon.

Sun.-30min. walk (sometimes I add hills), 15min. pilates

I really do only have 30min. to workout during the week, which is why I decided to workout everyday, if my body will let me, and workout for a little longer on the weekends. I just started to follow the WW points program, but I have an aweful problem w/eating bad food! So I do tend to go over the points I'm alloted, and it's by eating stuff I shouldn't be. I'm trying to work very hard on that, so when I do get that down, do you think my workouts are enough? I'm trying to drop about 10-15lb., mostly in the thighs and belly!"

*SIGH* :( It makes me sad.

Im laughing...some of this looks like a "runners" workout LOLOLOL....They would gasp in horror if you told them to use heavier weight LOLOL

The thing that is truly sad is that this is what woman is conditioned to believe. All this bullshit is forced on us by the media and we are brought up believing it. We are pretty much brain washed into buy into all this garbage. Until of course you find Elite Fitness :) seriously this place made me rethink everything I ever believed to be true about health and fitness.

it IS sad..
but if people just don't know.....

when I was on the track team at a university.. I did cross -country... but my COACH told us to do 3 x25 leg weights ( it didn't matter what we did ( :rolleyes: ) and another day 3 x upper body.

this was the COACHof a university teaam... granted... he wasn't a very good coach and the track coach, throwing coach, high jump coach were all much better.... but if you get people in these positions, who have no idea what they are talking about... what about people who have NO exposure to fitness.

I have a friend who wants to get fit... but she actually said, " I don't want to build muscle' and I said "yes, you do"..
but she thinks going to her 'strippersize class ONCE a week on Thursdays is going to do it.

Actually if you 'google' high reps, low weights, these days, you find a lot of sites telling you how crap this is.

Its true though... people just don't know... I would still tell them Daisy... if they choose not to beleive you thats their problem.

I know for years I thought the 'other way' but then I thought... hey this isn't working.. maybe there is some truth to this 'lifting heavy' business :)

and then... it worked (well work in progress!!!)

but omigod... when I see the girls at the gym, standing there at the gym with a friend, holding a 3 pound dumbell.. and leaning over to one side in unison.. 'to work those abs!" I go aaahhhh!!!

Sassy69 said:
Its kinda like paying to go to a Weightwatchers meeting where you listen to 40 fat women bitch about eating for 2 hrs. You seriously want to shoot yourself in the head.

I think women who consider 5 lb weights a valid part of a workout need to be kicked in the ass as their newborn that they hauled around for 9 months on the inside and now on the outside weighs more than that. Somehow that isn't considered "a workout" but 5 lb weights is. I will continue to tell them "If you flap hard enough you might actually take off..."

I will step down from the soapbox before I go off in full force. I have no patience for women who are scared to leverage their God-given muscle and power to the potential that it has. They are self-screwing and don't even know it. And that's how you get to be a 40 yr old mom w/ an ass the size of a barn, fat kids and a future ridden w/ Type 2 Diabetes. What an awesome way to prepare yourself to be a loving grandmother to your fat kids' beautiful uber fat kids. You'll be lucky if you are around for their kindergarten graduation, or at least not hauling in your walker & oxygen tank.

LMFAO!!! I am totally frustrated with my friend right now. She had a baby 7 wks ago and just started WW (to my total disagreement) anyway. She is very busy I understand that, more than anyone. But she can't understand why the weight isn't flying off. HELLO you just had a baby 7 weeks ago.

she is only eating 3 times a day and at that not enough. She said she has no time for cardio, I told her I would watch her kids, she said no.

I told her to start eating more frequently durning the day, she said she doesn't have time to plan. I told her I would plan it for her and give it to her, with the guidance of the WW chart (cause heaven forbid she stray from that) she said no.

I told her to at least drink more water and cut the mayo she said no AHHHHHHHH

I give up, I just have to sit there and listen to her whine and cry and smile and nod. arrrr

ck2006 said:
LMFAO!!! I am totally frustrated with my friend right now. She had a baby 7 wks ago and just started WW (to my total disagreement) anyway. She is very busy I understand that, more than anyone. But she can't understand why the weight isn't flying off. HELLO you just had a baby 7 weeks ago.

she is only eating 3 times a day and at that not enough. She said she has no time for cardio, I told her I would watch her kids, she said no.

I told her to start eating more frequently durning the day, she said she doesn't have time to plan. I told her I would plan it for her and give it to her, with the guidance of the WW chart (cause heaven forbid she stray from that) she said no.

I told her to at least drink more water and cut the mayo she said no AHHHHHHHH

I give up, I just have to sit there and listen to her whine and cry and smile and nod. arrrr

very true... i have friends who complain about being fat and don't do anything about it ( yes i've been there many many many many many times!!!!)

but when i offer and suggestions, she doesn't want to do that.

i have a friend who says" I don't want to do any exercise that will make me sweat too much.

this is a girl who has gotten away with doing ZERO exercise her ENTIRE life and just been naturally skinny... well as soon as she hit 30 she gained about 20 pounds.

what about running i say? i offer to go with her 3 mornings a week

oh no she doesn't liek running

come to the gym with me...

oh no i dont' want to do weights, it'll make me big

She is one that thinks she is cutting down by eating a vegetarian pizza instead of a pepporoni!!

People have to WANT to change... but most people don't wnat to put the effort in..

OMG it is not just woman. I work in an enviroment with mostly males and they bitch the same way. People ask me for advice I give to them straight. We get lots of perks people coming around with free junk food couple times a week and typically have 2 lunches a week catered. I diet through all this no problems they ask me how simple will power you weak MOFO's!

superqt4u2nv said:
OMG it is not just woman. I work in an enviroment with mostly males and they bitch the same way. People ask me for advice I give to them straight. We get lots of perks people coming around with free junk food couple times a week and typically have 2 lunches a week catered. I diet through all this no problems they ask me how simple will power you weak MOFO's!

you are right superqt... and i'm certainly no expert compared to many of you... but i work with a bunch of guys who ask me something about the gym as they know i go... and i say what i think... and then they tell me i'm wrong..

i work with GUYS that say they don't want to lift weights because they want to only do cardio first... these guys eat fries EVERY DAY at lunch.... bla. and does anyone else get pissed off when their friends say " oh but i like drinking and eating chocolates'?

do they think i don't???

i love food more than anything... but i love feeling healthy and leaner MORE than that 'nice' feeling of eating snack food every day

Top Bottom