x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals

Patriarchy Results In Addiction

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Patriarchy Results In Addiction within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: by Christiane Northrup "The patriarchal organization of our society demands that women, its second-class citizens, ignore or turn away from their hopes and dreams in deference to men and the demands of their families. Instead of learning how to pay attention to the genius of our intuition and inner guidance, we instead internalize the belief that we are not worthy enough, smart enough, or good-looking enough to live lives of freedom, joy, and fulfillment. Little boys learn early on how to

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Patriarchy Results In Addiction

by Christiane Northrup

"The patriarchal organization of our society demands that women, its second-class citizens, ignore or turn away from their hopes and dreams in deference to men and the demands of their families. Instead of learning how to pay attention to the genius of our intuition and inner guidance, we instead internalize the belief that we are not worthy enough, smart enough, or good-looking enough to live lives of freedom, joy, and fulfillment. Little boys learn early on how to shut down their feelings to avoid being called a "sissy" or otherwise being compared to an inferior girl. The systematic stuffing or denying of the universal human need for emotional expression, love, support, partnership, self-actualization, and self-expression cause enormous emotional pain and also uses up a great deal of energy. Lacking a way to name and change their situations, many women (and men) instead turn to addictions such as overwork, overcare, smoking, and overeating that result in an endless cycle of abuse that we ourselves help perpetuate. Being abused and abusing ourselves, we become ill. Then we turn to a medical system that is set up to deliver mostly quick-fix pharmaceutical solutions to problems that can't be healed until we change our core beliefs and thoughts!"

Can you name your situation?

Memeber

Re: Patriarchy Results In Addiction

Absolutely. I've been extremely open about my history with my bulimia and the fight I have to make every day to be healthy and to be good to myself. This time of year is the hardest. The days are shorter, it's cold and I don't have access to the things that help me stay happy. Throw in a lot of food-centric holidays where everyone around me is eating like crazy and it's kind of like an alcoholic going to a frat party.

Re: Patriarchy Results In Addiction

I completely understand. It always helps me to remind myself that I am "aware" - staying in awareness mode and being open to what life brings has been a life saver.

My thoughts are with you-