Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is the Party Over?

Future_Hottie

I have been a gym rat from the time I was 16 til about 4 years ago. I just haven't been as dedicated as I used to be. Between kids, work and a cheating husband, I am totally wrecked! I am ready to get back in to it again. I want my muscle back, I want my body back. But is it too late?

Yes, I know 40 isn't old, but seriously, when is it just too late to get your body back?
Don't tell me stories of all these celebs in their 50's who look hot. Seriously, with all their money, and their jobs, they have no excuse. Are there any everyday women like me who are 40 or older and still fabulously fit?

I hear that once you hit your 40s, it's like a light bulb turns on and you are more accepting of yourself and others. I don't feel that way at all. I am not saying I want to be 20 again, hell no. I just want to look damn good for my age. But is it too late?

accepting yourself shouldn't be mistaken for resigning yourself. I am younger but i know the most dangerous thing is to get into a certain mindset. don't let stigmas dictate anything. you want it, go for it!

I'm 43 and probably in as good a shape as I've ever been. My kids are 14, 12 and 6. How do I find time, I do a very good job prioritizing my life. Don't get me wrong, it is not easy. It is basically a matter of what you want most in life. Faith and family should always come first, and then work and friends, but after that you choose what is most important. My husband is a school teacher and coach and I am a housewife (I started working part time as a personal trainer last year). We decided 10 years ago that having "things" was not important to us. I quit work (I was making more than my husband in the catering industry) and raised my kids. We live in a small house in the country, we drive 10+ year old cars, our vacation is one week at the beech with my parents (their nickel) and an exciting Friday night is a fire in the backyard making s'mores and relaxing under the stars. Basically, we don't spend much money. The result is we have time, and to me time is more valuable than money. Yes, my life gets hectic and some days I struggle to catch up with life, but most days I feel in control of my life and find time to do the things I have to do and the things I want to do.

I'm not saying this life is perfect for everyone, but it works for us. If you don't own things you don't have to pay for things. And remember, the most important thing is to be healthy. Eat healthy, get exercise when you can, get rest and plenty of sleep and worry less.

Good luck and stay in touch. I'm pulling for you girl,

Rebecca D

I am 40 and still hold my own i think ...just get back in and get going...nothing but postive things will come out of training again..with two littles ones at home the gym is my only sanctuary..i would go twice a day if i could

Top Bottom