Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oxytocin

*Bunny*

Has anyone tried this product? Wondering what some of your experiences and thoughts about it, aka Oxycalm.
Oxytocin aka Oxycalm

"...Besides the calming sensation and a feeling of social trust oxytocin plays a role in the following physiological and behavioral processes.

Other physiological effects of oxytocin are;

- Reduced muscle tension
- Temporarily reduced appetite but increasing appetite with long term use
- Stimulates digestion on full stomach
- Increased urination (diuretic effect)
- Faster healing wounds and reduced inflammation
- Increase in growth hormone

Besides the positive physiological effects mentioned above oxytocin also has a positive effect on behavior;

- Stimulates mating
- More social contact between individuals
- Increased boldness and curiosity
- Sleep inducing effect (with high dosages)
- Diminished pain sensation
- Improved learning

"

Ulter said:
It SMELLS like vanilla. I don't know that I tasted it though.
Ahh I see ... usually when I've inhaled things I get a taste in my throat ... even with sinus sprays.

Guess I'll have to be the 1st. :)

*Order up*

Thanks for the info

I didn't see the thread either but I got the e-mail that it was now for sale...
I actually thought it was a relatively wierd thing to add on. Isn't that a hormone released by the body during birth, massage, or when someone sucks on your nipples :)
I guess the issue I have with taking a hormone is that it is synthetically produced like your birth control pill. Not only that I think someone should have a screeing of what their hormone levels are before taking a supplement like that. Hormones (I know up front) can cause issues if out of balance. So if Oxytocin is taken in by the body what hormone is decreased? I know the body has to keep homeostatis and it just seems like taking that may be good for awhile but what happens when the body adjusts to it? What happens when you decide to stop taking a hormone? If you were depressed before taking it when going off of it will that lead to a crash and even deeper depression? In my own opinion I think talking to a doctor about whether or not you should add that into your own mix of supplements would be a good thing or a bad thing. Also, if your hormones are pretty regulated I wouldn't mess with them! Believe me once they go out of whack it's hell to try and get them back to homeostasis!

treilin said:
I didn't see the thread either but I got the e-mail that it was now for sale...
I actually thought it was a relatively wierd thing to add on. Isn't that a hormone released by the body during birth, massage, or when someone sucks on your nipples :)
I guess the issue I have with taking a hormone is that it is synthetically produced like your birth control pill. Not only that I think someone should have a screeing of what their hormone levels are before taking a supplement like that. Hormones (I know up front) can cause issues if out of balance. So if Oxytocin is taken in by the body what hormone is decreased? I know the body has to keep homeostatis and it just seems like taking that may be good for awhile but what happens when the body adjusts to it? What happens when you decide to stop taking a hormone? If you were depressed before taking it when going off of it will that lead to a crash and even deeper depression? In my own opinion I think talking to a doctor about whether or not you should add that into your own mix of supplements would be a good thing or a bad thing. Also, if your hormones are pretty regulated I wouldn't mess with them! Believe me once they go out of whack it's hell to try and get them back to homeostasis!

You have a few good points here!

As far as causing a more bold or curious effect....if I get any more bold I'll probably get hit!!! lol

Top Bottom