Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oxytocin

It is also released when you kiss someone passionately. :) It's the hormone that makes you feel in love.
It does not decrease any hormone. When you stop using it you simply loose the feeling you get from oxytocin. There is no rebound effect. There is no "out of whack" hormonal imbalance. I think maybe you should read more about it before becoming so alarmed about it. The findings on this hormone's properties go back 20 years and there are 41 studies done on it's effects on sexuality and relationships.

The book, The Oxytocin Factor, Tapping the hormone of CALM, LOVE AND HEALING by Dr Kerstin Moberg is a good place to start if you really want to know the facts about it.

It's interesting that you would take a position against using a hormone this safe on a website where the members use steroids, T3, and various other hormones that can have the effects you're worried about.

From Wikepedia

Oxytocin is a peptide of nine amino acids (a nonapeptide). The sequence is cysteine - tyrosine - isoleucine - glutamine - asparagine - cysteine - proline - leucine - glycine (CYIQNCPLG). The cysteine residues form a sulfur bridge.

The structure of oxytocin is very similar to that of antidiuretic hormone, (also known as vasopressin), which is also a nonapeptide with a sulfur bridge. Oxytocin and antidiuretic hormone are the only known hormones released by the human posterior pituary gland.

Plays some role in orgasm – for both males and females. Oxytocin concentrations in the blood are significantly elevated in both sexes during sexual arousal and orgasm (Carmichael et al 1987). In males, oxytocin is said to facilitate sperm transport in ejaculation.

# Thought to induce pair bonding in people. Plasma concentrations of oxytocin have been reported to be higher amongst people who claim to be falling in love. It is also thought that oxytocin might mediate other forms of pair bonding such as friendship and family relationships as given above. Reduction of sociophobic behavior was shown after treatment with oxytocin. # Nasally-administered oxytocin appears to generate trust in humans. In a 2005 study, it was shown that in a risky investment game, experimental subjects given the hormone displayed what the researchers deemed "the highest level of trust" twice as often as the control group who were given placebos. The same experiment with the subjects told that they were interacting with a computer showed no such reaction, leading to the conclusion that oxytocin was not merely affecting risk-aversion (Kosfeld 2005)

# Nasally-administered oxytocin has been reported to reduce fear in humans and to reduce the activity of the amygdala (which contains a large number of oxytocin receptors and is in general thought to be responsible for fear responses). It is thus possible that oxytocin lowers fear by lowering amygdala activity. (Kirsch 2005)

# Various anti-stress functions: reducing blood pressure and cortisol levels, increasing tolerance to pain, reducing anxiety. Oxytocin may play a role in encouraging "tend and befriend", as opposed to "fight or flight", behavior, in response to stress.

# According to some studies in animals, oxytocin inhibits the development of tolerance to various addictive drugs (opiates, cocaine, alcohol) and reduces withdrawal symptoms. (Kovacs 1998)

Oxytocin is destroyed in the gastrointestinal tract and is therefore administered by injection or as nasal spray. Oxytocin given intravenously does not enter the brain in significant quantities - it is excluded from the brain by the blood-brain barrier. Drugs administered by nasal spray are thought to have better access to the CNS.

Ulter said:
It is also released when you kiss someone passionately. :) It's the hormone that makes you feel in love.
It does not decrease any hormone. When you stop using it you simply loose the feeling you get from oxytocin. There is no rebound effect. There is no "out of whack" hormonal imbalance. I think maybe you should read more about it before becoming so alarmed about it. The findings on this hormone's properties go back 20 years and there are 41 studies done on it's effects on sexuality and relationships.

The book, The Oxytocin Factor, Tapping the hormone of CALM, LOVE AND HEALING by Dr Kerstin Moberg is a good place to start if you really want to know the facts about it.

It's interesting that you would take a position against using a hormone this safe on a website where the members use steroids, T3, and various other hormones that can have the effects you're worried about.

From Wikepedia

Oxytocin is a peptide of nine amino acids (a nonapeptide). The sequence is cysteine - tyrosine - isoleucine - glutamine - asparagine - cysteine - proline - leucine - glycine (CYIQNCPLG). The cysteine residues form a sulfur bridge.

The structure of oxytocin is very similar to that of antidiuretic hormone, (also known as vasopressin), which is also a nonapeptide with a sulfur bridge. Oxytocin and antidiuretic hormone are the only known hormones released by the human posterior pituary gland.

Plays some role in orgasm – for both males and females. Oxytocin concentrations in the blood are significantly elevated in both sexes during sexual arousal and orgasm (Carmichael et al 1987). In males, oxytocin is said to facilitate sperm transport in ejaculation.

# Thought to induce pair bonding in people. Plasma concentrations of oxytocin have been reported to be higher amongst people who claim to be falling in love. It is also thought that oxytocin might mediate other forms of pair bonding such as friendship and family relationships as given above. Reduction of sociophobic behavior was shown after treatment with oxytocin. # Nasally-administered oxytocin appears to generate trust in humans. In a 2005 study, it was shown that in a risky investment game, experimental subjects given the hormone displayed what the researchers deemed "the highest level of trust" twice as often as the control group who were given placebos. The same experiment with the subjects told that they were interacting with a computer showed no such reaction, leading to the conclusion that oxytocin was not merely affecting risk-aversion (Kosfeld 2005)

# Nasally-administered oxytocin has been reported to reduce fear in humans and to reduce the activity of the amygdala (which contains a large number of oxytocin receptors and is in general thought to be responsible for fear responses). It is thus possible that oxytocin lowers fear by lowering amygdala activity. (Kirsch 2005)

# Various anti-stress functions: reducing blood pressure and cortisol levels, increasing tolerance to pain, reducing anxiety. Oxytocin may play a role in encouraging "tend and befriend", as opposed to "fight or flight", behavior, in response to stress.

# According to some studies in animals, oxytocin inhibits the development of tolerance to various addictive drugs (opiates, cocaine, alcohol) and reduces withdrawal symptoms. (Kovacs 1998)

Oxytocin is destroyed in the gastrointestinal tract and is therefore administered by injection or as nasal spray. Oxytocin given intravenously does not enter the brain in significant quantities - it is excluded from the brain by the blood-brain barrier. Drugs administered by nasal spray are thought to have better access to the CNS.

Nope not trying to get anyone's panties in a bunch or to take a stand on anything... Actually taking the information I have learned here on this website "Know your own body, what you are putting into your body, and the effects on your body". I'm an expert by no means, and honestly I could care less if people take steroids or whatever else they take.... I'm just posting up a friendly reminder and a few questions to get answered for myself. I know when I saw "Feel good, reduce depression" I mean who doesn't want to do that? I mean everyone would buy something that says that. I'm just stating I for myself would need to do more research on that hormone and obtain more information about it before I specifically would take it. I thank you for the reading material and added information and I will obtain it and read more on it.

I understand that you're posting a reminder. It's just that it make inaccurate assumptions in order to pose the questions. I just pointed that out.

As far as bunched panties.. I live in Florida, land of the freeballers. :)

Top Bottom