Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

OT: Cold or Sinus Infection?

Temple

I'm sick - started day before yesterday with what I thought was a cold so I started shoving the Zicam up my nose. Yesterday it settled in my right sinus an right ear. The left side of my head is fine but the glands on the right are swollen. I'm thinking sinus infection - anyone know? I started taking Keflex. I would go to the doctor but we have so much snow here that NOTHING is moving.

Sorry to be graphic- :rolleyes:

What color is your snot? yellow/green or clear?

yellow/green (usually) = infection

clear (usually) = natural state

As far as drugs- you're on your own. Hope you feel better soon :)

I've had the same damn thing you have described for the past 3-4 weeks. I haven't had time to go to the Doc. but am gonna try and do it tomorrow. I also feel really achy as well. A couple of the Cardiology doctors at my work have been pretty big on suggesting the upper respiratory antiobiotic called "Z-pack". I am gonna give it a try if I make it to the doc tomorrow. This shit is ruining my cycle, and school has been a real bitch as well on top of that.:(

MR. BMJ

It sounds to me like a sinus infection. i get so many of them during the winter months. I am gonna get graphic, but anyway, if the snot is clumpy and colored and seems to come out in clots. It's more than likely an infection. You may also get some blood clots that come out too. And the area between your eyes and behind your eyes will be achy. Usually you need to see a doc to get some antibiotics...but mine go away on their own, just not as fast as with meds

I have the best insurance in the world and it doesn't pay for the z-pac. That shit cost me $90. Then they will give you this prescription to break up the mucus. It made me not sleep and see spots when I close my eyes. I refuse to go to the doc for a sinus infection anymore( I get about 1 a year). All I do know is NOT use any nose spray. It only treats your symptoms and will make things worse in the long run. Get some Robitussin with expectorant. It works for me every time. Sounds to me like you don't have an infection yet but will have soon if you don't break up the mucus. Hope you feel better!

I think what I have is both - sinus infection which was immediately followed by the onset of the flu. The keflex cleared up the nose thing but then all the crap that goes with flu showed up. I had a flu shot so I think it is actually just some nasty virus that acts like it. Think I might be better today - or maybe I'm just too drugged up to care.

Top Bottom