Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Order Of Workout

hookdup

I'm going to be asking a lot here, but I'm going to post my current workout. Can anyone please tell me if I'm doing it in the right order?

K, here goes:

MONDAY: CHEST / BACK

Incline Dumbbell Press
Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes
Dumbbell pullovers

One-Arm Dumbbell bent-over rows
Bent-over barbell rows
Seated row machine

Machine Pullovers
Machine Low Back Extensions
Abs

WEDNESDAY: LEGS / BICEPS
Squats
Barbell Lunges
Lying Leg Curls
Leg extensions
Abductor Machine
Adductor Machine
Calf presses
Barbell Preacher Curls
Concentration Curls
Incline Curls
Hammer Culrs
Abs

FRIDAY: SHOULDERS-TRAPS-TRICEPS
Machine Shoulder Press
Machine Lateral Raises
Barbell Upright Rows
Dumbbell Shrugs
Lying Tricep extensions (skull crushers)
One-Dumbbell Triceps Extensions
Kickbacks
Rope Extensions
Abs

Okay, there it is .... I know the order is probably screwed up. Also, am I missing any vital exercises?

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Okay, according to your split Spatts,
what if I did something like this:

M...Legs
Squats
Barbell Lunges
Lying Leg Curls
Leg extensions
Abductor Machine
Adductor Machine
Calf presses

T....Back and Rear Delt
One-Arm Dumbbell bent-over rows
Bent-over barbell rows
Seated row machine
Machine Low Back Extensions

W...off (cardio)

R....Chest and Tri
Incline Dumbbell Press
Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes
Dumbbell pullovers
Lying Tricep extensions (skull crushers)
One-Dumbbell Triceps Extensions
Kickbacks
Rope Extensions

F...Shoulder and Bi
Machine Shoulder Press
Machine Lateral Raises
Barbell Upright Rows
Dumbbell Shrugs
Barbell Preacher Curls
Concentration Curls
Incline Curls
Hammer Culrs

S....abs and cardio
S cardio

That's easy! THANKS!!!

What about the order of the exercises?
I know you guys talked about compound exercises, etc. being first. I find it a little confusing to be honest :confused:
I know I'm taking up a lot of your time, but I appreciate the help!

Thanks again!

My split currently...Chest/Back....Legs......Arms/Shoulders...3 exercises per bodypart, heavy every other week.

so if I'm not too concerned about gaining mass, I don't have to worry about which order I do the exercises?

Sounds good to me!

I guess I had just read so much about putting compound exercises first and I'm still not too sure which those are, but if you guys are saying 'pick 3 good exercises x 3 sets' then I'm good to go!

Thanks for the help!!!

Sorry Spatts,
I didn't understand the question. Do you mean where did i get the iea that compound exercises should come first?

I read it in the threat on pre-exhaustion

Does pre-exhaustion work? Is it a good alternative?

Originally posted by Steelweaver Does pre-exhaustion work? It seems to be generally accepted that the first exercise for each body-part should be a compound movement. This makes complete sense to me, since you can handle a lot more weight that way.

Did I read something wrong?

I really do appreciate your help!

hookdup said:
I guess I had just read so much about putting compound exercises first
Compound exercises should come first.
Meaning... if you are supersetting chest/tri - do something that works both (bench press) before an isolation movement (tri extension) - because of the pre-exhaust principle.

My tris are the weak link in a compound movement - bench press - because of course my pecs are stronger than tris (I'd look pretty strange if that weren't the case!) then if my tris are *pre-exhausted* (i.e. if I did extensions first) I won't be able to bench much... tris will hold me back. So I won't be able to bench **enough to fatigue my pecs**.

Same thing with legs.. squats are compound (ham, quad & glute) extensions are isolation of quad - hence squats are first.

Your order looks great to me! Except you have a lot of exercises. Personally I only do 3 exercises per muscle (4 altogether for back), 3-4 sets per exercise. I change the exercises up a little each week.

Thanks Spatts & Gladiola!!!!!

The only reason I had put that comment in about not gaining mass is cause I wasn't sure if order of exercises made a difference in how much mass you build or whatever.
Does that make sense???
Maybe not,

I guess from the tone of the responses I assumed (never assume) that since I never expressed an interest in competing, that it wasn't as important for me to get the order straight.

I'll stick to 3 exercises per part and I'll just rotate / replace the extras every so often to break up the routine!!!

You guys ROCK! :loveyou:

spatterson said:
OOOOoooohhhh...I can't take credit for encouraging that. You've seen my legs, and I start leg day with extensions. ;)
REally? Don't you feel that weakens your abilty to squat & thus your hams don't get as good a workout? Are your quads relatively stronger than hams & thus NEED the pre exhaustion?

How many exercises do you do per muscle group & how many sets?

Oh.. I tried your leg curls with a stability ball... they're awesome & FUN! :)

Hookdup,
Awwww :kiss:
Thanks! You're quite welcome, glad it helped!

Top Bottom